Other hobbies besides bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
This is an interesting thread.....I think sometime ago it was discussed. Bottles being my first love I like to do things that are creative. I have refinished some furniture. I too go to flea markets, antique auctions and yard sales. I too am a cerified pack rat. It isnt like what you see on the "hoarding" shows on TV. But I have every single toy my son has ever owned ( he is 24). I have a house full of antiques...(furntiure, advertiseing signs, coca cola, Disneyana etc)

When the show Ace of Cakes came out I thought it would be pretty cool to do something like that, so I went and took classes. So now I make cakes. Not professionally. Just another way to express my creativity. I also was a football coach for 17 yrs. Here is a picture of one of the cakes I made....

7FA723D1219645FC929F73C1A4F6A5C0.jpg

Attachments

• 7FA723D1219645FC929F73C1A4F6A5C0.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 74

carobran

Reaction score
RE: Best way to ship glass bottles?

ORIGINAL: carobran

i fish,squirrel hunt,metal detect,and collect coins(although the fishing,coins,and metal detecting has been put on hold a little since i started collecting[:D])
,and i like photography[sm=lol.gif]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

This is an interesting thread.....I think sometime ago it was discussed. Bottles being my first love I like to do things that are creative. I have refinished some furniture. I too go to flea markets, antique auctions and yard sales. I too am a cerified pack rat. It isnt like what you see on the "hoarding" shows on TV. But I have every single toy my son has ever owned ( he is 24). I have a house full of antiques...(furntiure, advertiseing signs, coca cola, Disneyana etc)

When the show Ace of Cakes came out I thought it would be pretty cool to do something like that, so I went and took classes. So now I make cakes. Not professionally. Just another way to express my creativity. I also was a football coach for 17 yrs. Here is a picture of one of the cakes I made....

You make cakes? would have never guessed it [:D] not that its a bad thing just would have never guessed it.I was thinking more on the lines of hit man [8D]
Good lookin cake

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't see anything unusual about it.. probably happens every day.. a feller goes digging a privy, comes home and while he's in the kitchen rinsing off the takes, he whips up a triple layer cake with columns.. quite efficient if you ask me.. [:)]

swizzle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

Ahhhh yes....Some delicious and tasty Privy Cheese Cake. Takes mud pies to a whole new level. Do you use real midnight soil or the imitation kind out of the box? [8|]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I hunt,fish,write digging story's "when I have something to write about" [:D] mess with computers here and there.
But mostly my mind is on digging bottles these days.If i am not digging them, I'm trying to get permissions to dig them.

When I was younger,I used to shoot the bow at 3D tournaments,refinish furniture,and dig bottles [8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Besides collecting bottles, which is pretty much my #1 hobby.. well, I scare people with the evil eye, get in the way of vehicular transport, import feral hogs from Russia, and burn plastic in the parking lot.. I also collect cicada shells, I have an army 12,000 strong of them hanging on my walls.. to whoever says our parents had it better than we will have, I say PAH! [8D]

swizzle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Besides collecting bottles, which is pretty much my #1 hobby.. well, I scare people with the evil eye, get in the way of vehicular transport, import feral hogs from Russia, and burn plastic in the parking lot.. I also collect cicada shells, I have an army 12,000 strong of them hanging on my walls.. to whoever says our parents had it better than we will have, I say PAH! [8D]
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

glass man

Reaction score
I collect record albums mainky from the 60s and early 70s...have over 3000...really don't know for sure..stopped counting lomg ago!!JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster