Other hobbies besides bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
Besides bottles collecting, I also collect antique Hotwheels, Matchbox, and other diecast toy cars, old advertising , trade cards, promotional almanacs, magazines and newspapers, coins, books, mineral specimens, and anything old and cool looking in general. I swim, cycle, and hike for my exercise and recreation. I am also an avid musician. I play classical and jazz clarinet, and I also compose piano music. I now am very much into photography as well. Because I'm 17 I also play a lot of videogames, as of now my little brother is nagging me to get off this site and play a game with him.

mr2real

Reaction score
I've been collecting arrowheads for the past year. Me and a buddy of mine stumbled across an ancient midden and that is when I started. Since then I've found well over a hundred whole arrowhead with no damage, and all were found in the same midden. Over all I've seen 2-3 hundred arrowhead found within a circle no larger than 40ft in diameter.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Road Dog

I collect a ton o stuff. Bottles, books, coins, knives, diecast cars, pottery just to name a few. I like to fiddle with big cars too.[:D]

D75D4C8192DD45F1BCABF1C685986399.jpg

I had a RT like that 69? I remember i traded it for a ---- well i cant say what I traded it for in was in the 80s [:D]

LC

Reaction score
Hello Kelly, the handles are just white pine and the blade is hand worked on a belt sander out of oak . I have made just the one big one , and about eight or ten various styles of the ones with handles just a little over two and a half feet long . I have a pattern made up for a Case folding hunter with handles that measure a little over five feet in length , but I do not know if I am ever going to attempt to follow through making it . I also made a Keen Kutter straight razor with handles around three and a half feet long . I question my own sanity every time I look at them . Have sold a few of them to local knife collectors , they seem to really go for them .

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Beyond bottles and computers:

Mybike.jpg

Every chance I get, I'm on the road....which lately is just to work.[:mad:]

It's gone through a few changes since this pic was taken. Added a touring seat for my wife, added a luggage rack on the back for a previous g/f, removed the lower tool pouch on the bottom front and put on the tall sissy bar on the back.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Well, I started out collecting bottle caps as a kid. I had over 6,000 of them at one time, and they took up so little space! I saved the better caps, but they are all modern and not worth much.
Right now I collect wheat pennies and pretty much any antique pieces from RI related to bottles or local businesses.

Jim

Reaction score
I'm into a lot of things. Bottles (of course), especially early and rare locals, coins and bullion, antique furniture, any local historical items and architectural antiques are a few that I can think of.

My wife collects antique books, pens/inkwells, photographs, paper items and glass hats. It's fun to find things for her, and it's cool to never have to go antique shopping by myself. ~Jim

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments......LOL

Rick, I know I get that a lot....LOL Most people who dont know me would never guess....LOL I think there is a part of me that does it for just "shock" value as much as anything else. It is pretty funny at times, I am as hetro as they come (not that there is anything wrong with being on the other team) but even my girlfreind just looks at me with a strange look....I dont eat much candy or any other sweets. But let it come out of the oven and I am all over it. My cakes taste as good as they look. Some people make cakes to look good. I am all about how they taste. In my cake class there were two men....the teacher (man) said it was the first time in 15 plus years he had two men in the same class.

Swizzle...LOL Sometimes I make it from scratch privycheese and sometimes I make it from privycheese out of the box. Most commercial bakey's use boxed privycheese....like everything else it comes down to time and money. To make enough icing to do a cake like that would take hours. I buy it by the five gallon buckets. LOL of course when I cant find a privy full....lol

cyber, It s funny....I got the same reaction at our bottle club. We have a different themed program each month. one month it is " what other hobby do you have" same as this thread. I recieved the same response as I got here. I was the president at the time and heard the same thing...." I would have never guessed that about you"....LOL. Like it was some dark secret....It was like.....WOW!!!! never saw that comming....it was actually pretty funny.

One day I am going to do a cake in the shape of a historical flask....Of course it will have to be a Baltimore flask. Maybe that peacock blue "corn for the world" flask....if I ever do I will post a picture.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Some of my other hobbies besides bottles are

.Fishing
.Swimming
.Coin collecting
.Old Matchbox car collection
.Beachcolbing
.All sorts of random antiques
.Exploring
.Realestate
.Finding out the history of roads,towns.
.and finally my 3 cats and chinchilla

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster