overnight fishing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

My best catch was at dawn. A Mu (cow fish)? I don't know the white man term for this one. It is a very shy fish but very powerful and good eating. It is a favorite for spear divers as it is very hard to get up close. It has front teeth like a cat and molars like a human.

B45F22F5097A453A970F87292BD3355D.jpg

Man I wish I could go fishing with you Rock! I would love to catch some of those weird lookkin fish
I used to go deep sea and bay fishing many times a year.The crew I used to go with either moved or passed away.It was always a fun time.
That fish you have there looks like our "Drum" they get big and fight hard!

My Nephew and me with some Strippers from NJ

9B064014F5B645F0A4DDDC5188E3DFA6.jpg

Attachments

• 9B064014F5B645F0A4DDDC5188E3DFA6.jpg
    9B064014F5B645F0A4DDDC5188E3DFA6.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 64

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
When I go to our place in up state NY I fish the Black River for big channel cats.This pic was taking on my honeymoon yeah I made her go to [8D]
I figure I would get her to go then because it would never happen again anytime soon [:D]
Anyway, I was fishin for catfish that night and I hooked into this nice Chinook salmon on a ultra lite rod with 8 pound test,it took me 45 min to get him near land,when i finely got him there the hook came out of his mouth,there was no WAY he was swimming away!I was so jacked up from the long fight and caffeine I did a belly flop in the water and landed right on top of the king salmon.Needless to say,he was already dead from the long fight.It was the highlight of the night for my wife,not me catching the big fish,but me being soaked to the gills with river slime on my neck and a dead fish in my hands.
True story

8894288D8C2D4242BA77AAE33D3B91B4.jpg

Attachments

• 8894288D8C2D4242BA77AAE33D3B91B4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 63

RedGinger

Reaction score
RE: Rockbot Post from last year...

ORIGINAL: old.s.bottles

Lobstah and blues...anybody wanta trade a good digging spot for lobster dinner? [sm=tongue.gif]

436AE20D919C4D1BB0AB0875A39AA376.jpg

Yes! Missing lobster and there are plenty of digging spots for everyone!

RedGinger

Reaction score

Where did you catch that salmon, Rick? We were at Kinzua Dam on Memorial Day and saw a lot of fish! It was a hot day and they were almost jumping our of the water. I'm not sure what kind they were, but they were BIG! I saw one splashing around right where I was swimming, and a bunch more when we were canoeing. One was so big, we thought from the sound it must be a beaver splashing. Joe knows all the types of fish in there. Does freshwater fish have the same Omega 3's and health benefits as saltwater?

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

When I go to our place in up state NY  I fish the Black River for big channel cats.This pic was taking on my honeymoon yeah I made her go to [8D]
I figure I would get her to go then because it would never happen again anytime soon [:D]
Anyway, I was fishin for catfish that night  and I hooked into this nice Chinook salmon on a ultra lite rod with 8 pound test,it took me 45 min to get him near land,when i  finely  got him there the hook came out of his mouth,there was no WAY he was swimming away!I was so jacked up from the long fight and caffeine I did a belly flop in the water and landed right on top of  the king salmon.Needless to say,he was already dead from the long fight.It was the highlight of the night for my wife,not me catching the big fish,but me being soaked to the gills with river slime on my neck and a dead fish in my hands.
True story

That is one tasty fish Rick. So did the belly flop knock it out?[:D][:D]

rockbot

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Where did you catch that salmon, Rick?  We were at Kinzua Dam on Memorial Day and saw a lot of fish!  It was a hot day and they were almost jumping our of the water.  I'm not sure what kind they were, but they were BIG!  I saw one splashing around right where I was swimming, and a bunch more when we were canoeing.  One was so big, we thought from the sound it must be a beaver splashing.  Joe knows all the types of fish in there.  Does freshwater fish have the same Omega 3's and health benefits as saltwater? 

My son does bow fishing. I bet that would be a blast over there. I don't know about Omega3 in fresh water fish. I know flax seed has good Omega 3 and 6 and most cold water fish have good Omega 3.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal