overnight fishing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I love to fish but have not been able to in several years. My son and I finally got to go a couple days ago. Lot of fun but the fish were not nearly as pretty as those.
Don't know if you have ever seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfs3BJZxKkc

rockbot

Reaction score
These are the teeth from a mu. Caught this one last year. It was about 4 lbs. Luck they don't grow to 100 lbs.[8|]

3CE8F83E2B8F41C385C8F085E5193A02.jpg

Attachments

• 3CE8F83E2B8F41C385C8F085E5193A02.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78

bostaurus

Reaction score
We were stationed at Pearl Harbor back in the 60's. I was about 5 years old and my most vivid memories came from fishing trips my Dad would take. One time he and the neighbor brought home several mahi-mahi and a small tuna. My younger brother and I could easily move the mahi-mahi around but couldn't budge that dense small tuna. Funny the things that stick in your memory.
We lived at Ewa Beach and would also go fishing at a pier that was nearby. I remember Dad catching a small hammerhead shark and a puffer fish...exciting to a 5 year old. I don't think he ever caught a mu...my 5 year old brain would have remembered those teeth...probably would have had nightmares! As it was, I had bragging rights at kindergarten because "my dad caught a shark".
One day we went down there and all the cars were covered in a thin layer of dirt. Along the shore there were dead fish floating at the edge of the water. They had been filming one of the big Pearl Harbor movies. The big explosions had thrown mud and water up on the cars and killed a lot of fish. The days before environmental impact reports!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Love the pictures!!! That view is spectacular!!! I don't think I'd ever leave if I went to Hawaii....I love being near the water. I've always lived right next to lake MI except last year lived about 70 miles away from it and I hated every minute of the big city living and no relaxing beach to go walk on.....

And hopefully the waters there do stay clean and beautiful.....we can only hope they get the oil leak in Louisiana under control soon....saw reports this morning on how many sea turtles and birds have been killed...It's terribly distressing to see that oil rushing out for the last 2 months....If they can't cap it off they need to just plug the darn thing up!!!
Hopefully you get your bottle fever cured soon!!!
Amanda :)~

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Amanda, thanks for sharing too.
The BP oil disaster has gone on for way to long. That is a shame.

Aloha, Rocky

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

ORIGINAL: rockbot

These are the teeth from a mu. Caught this one last year. It was about 4 lbs. Luck they don't grow to 100 lbs.[8|]

nice choppers crazy! you guys are making me hungry for fish! yummy, rockbot those are some good looking fish!enjoy

Wow!....What a set of choppers,....can you imagine if fish had dentists?[sm=lol.gif]

epackage

Reaction score
Rockbot Post from last year...

Figured it's only general chat and why not pull up a post from last year about Rocky's Great fishing trip for a graduation party feast. That cooler is my kind of thing for sure Rocky, I love to fish here in Jersey....Aloha Bruddha !!!
Jim[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide