PACIFIC COAST GLASS WORKS/COMPANY ~ SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA ~ CONFUSING MAKERS MARKS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I went back to the Makers Marks website(s) and found this ... [ul][*]I.P.G.CO - Illinois Pacific Glass Company, San Francisco, California (1902-c.1925). Plant locations also at Los Angeles, and later, Oakland, CA, Seattle, WA & Portland, OR.[*]IPGCO in a diamond - Illinois Pacific Glass Company, San Francisco, California (see above entry). [*]IPG in a triangle - Illinois Pacific Glass Corporation, San Francisco, California (c.1925-1930 or 1932). (Name change of company above.) Glass plant locations at Los Angeles; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; & Portland, OR. Usually has a tiny triangle inside the larger triangle, squeezed in above the letters. This mark might have been used earlier than 1925.[/ul] ~ * ~ Which tells me (I think) that Illinois Glass bought the San Francisco & Pacific Glass Works in 1902 but they didn't buy the Pacific Coast Glass Works/Company, which, apparently, was a completely unrelated glass operation.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
By the way, Andy, good catch on connecting the Abramson name. I missed it!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
SODAPOPBOB said:
I went back to the Makers Marks website(s) and found this ... Usually has a tiny triangle inside the larger triangle, squeezed in above the letters. This mark might have been used earlier than 1925. ~ * ~ Anyways this is the mark found on my Haywards soda bottle for sure..........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
As you say its confusing for sure!! I am sure the earthquake and fire didn't help either as a lot of records went up In smoke. I have found the State library in Sacramento invaluable in finding lost info, but sadly there is no more than what we have already found, I think it is just a matter of interpreting all the confusing facts into the most reasonable answer, which will probably be a lot of conjecture, along with the known info....Thanks for working on this, I am going to save all this info and study it some more......Andy

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm calling it a day with this ...
By Warren Friedrich ...

S.F.& P.G.W was the longest operating glass works in California during the nineteenth century, essentially operating from Aug 1875 through Nov 1900, approximately 25 years. P.G.W was second, operating from Jun 1863 through Aug 1875, approximately 12 years. With S.F.G.W operating May 1865 and in and out of operation for approximately 9 years with the consolidation of the two glass works in Aug 1875. Both glass works operated under the S.F.& P.G.W monitor for a few months simultaneously until the P.G.W location was dismantled and the property sold in May 1876. [attachment=San Francisco and ...ass Works Mark.jpg]

Attachments

• dfcedce2149740f0abcd0073366ac733.jpg
    dfcedce2149740f0abcd0073366ac733.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28