Palatka,FL. Need Partner w. Transport

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bttlmark

Reaction score
Have sites that need to be checked. No transport though. Palatka & St. Augustine area....Lets go get em',,,diggin' weather is here

bttlmark

Reaction score

Db86069.jpg

Attachments

• Db86069.jpg
    Db86069.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 103

1bottleneck

Reaction score
Mark, I am from Penny Farms and I remember when I was young we never left a bottle un-broken. I had to grow up and move to N.C. to realise I wish I had saved some of those bottles. If you get a chance check out black creek not only will you find bottles but Indian relicks as well. Any small creeks near where you live could reveal promising just be carefull of the prehistoric size snakes!!

Good luck
Gary W.

bttlmark

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Gary. I will check it out if I'm in the area. I tend to keep a watchfull eye for the big lizards when in or near the water!
If something amazing like that happens again and I get some duplicates I'll keep you in mind Warren...

Us53873.jpg

Nu_B_2_bottles

Reaction score
Hi bttlmark,
I live in Deland, FL. bout a hour and a half from you. New to this diggin hobby but really interested in finding some old Palatka bottles. My dad is born and raised in Palatka and seems to really want a "Palatka bottle". If you don't mind inexperience I sure would like to get together with you for a dig.

bttlmark

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply NuB.Another fella and I have beek working the area and coming up with just about nothing.I have permission to dig a couple of lots down in Deland and go there on Wednesdays to the Flea Market.Maybe we can get together some time and check out those lots.I will see if I can find that guys telephone number and get the addresses.

Nu_B_2_bottles

Reaction score
Sounds great, Looking foward to hearing from you in the future. Could not help but laugh a little that you might be digging in DeLand soon. My dad was just telling me about a house in Palatka owned by some relatives that he would like "checked out". Hopeing to go there around the Labor day weekend while I have a little vacation time.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1