"Patience must be a virtue"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
Well all I can say is that you must be very patient peoples to dig bottles. I guess when you do find a privy you come back and forward over a period of time to dig the holes and find the bottles. Here is my find today, not all that impressive and I gave up after an couple of hours and went back to detecting. These bits'n'peices were right on the edge of a creek where they had been working extensively to find gold. I found 5 grams of gold today but the bottle sector leaves a little to be desired. It would be really good to see some pics of you all at work in your privy.
Regards Kim

Vt57992.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57992.jpg
    Vt57992.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 96

IRISH

Reaction score
Kim, when I (and every other digger I know) find a hole I dig it out there and then Some sites are worth going back to sometimes for years but if I start a hole I will dig until it's all dug, exeption being if it's deeper than there is time, then you may need to finish it the next day [;)] .
Funny that I've always thought of bottles being easy to find and Gold needing a lot of patience [:D] .

Kim

Reaction score
Thanks guys
Hey David, should I glue it back together, lol.
regards Kim

BottleDig1

Reaction score
Kim, you could always make a tile table top out of the pieces. [:)]

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
What a great idea I think I might start collecting the broken pieces and make a mosaque. I have a huge picture frame that I can use. I might become creative and make a masterpiece. In years to come when I'm dead and gone and the mosaque is famous you can take the credit for the suggestion of it in the first place, lol.
Regards Kim

idigjars

Reaction score
Nice pic, I make garden steps out of stoneware pieces, makes an interesting walkway [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem