Penn Yan N.Y. wine bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
dont have pictures yet but if its uncommon or rare i will post pics. the bottle is around 12" tall and clear, half the tooled top is knocked off. its skinny, around 2-2 1/2" across the base. not sure of the name on it just that its a wine out of penn yan.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
no one? is it so common everyone has turned up their noses or is it something no one has come across. i figure those are the only 2 options to have no replies.

surfaceone

Reaction score

Hey Nic,

Everytime I search "disremembered, unphotographed Penn Yan wine bottle, around this tall" I get directed back to this thread. [8D]

questionmark.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Surf, where do you come up with this stuff? You da Godfadda of innanet soychin'!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i mean being realistic how many wine manufacturers were there in penn yan? i will take the picture of it tomo but it better be worth the time!!!! its not doing me any good because its obviously not a saginaw or bay city beer bottle so im trying to help someone else here.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Nic,
I have dug a couple of them. I might still have one. I DID find info on it, a while back. I'll see if I can find it.
Bill

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
thank you bill for being helpful.

im down for digging more privies like the ones today. we need more bottles out of the next ones but the super light, ultra loamy, fluffy ash was nice. i will post some pics of that.

glass man

Reaction score
I am of no help,,,but years ago I bought what I thought was a lime green blob quart beer from penn..yan..paid 16 bucks for it at a local flea market...took it to a bottle show and thought I did good getting 30 dollars for it...till I was told it was a quart hutch![&o]

At the time I didn't even know hutches came in a quart size..it was near mint...last I heard about it some one had offered to trade the person I sold it to for an Indian Queen Bitters![:mad:] I have always wanted one of those...he turned it down..OH WELL![:)]JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS