Pepsi hutch for sale on eBay - undisclosed damage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Here's what he sent me in response...

Dear epackage02,

I do not know how to tell if top has been repaired. I have already listed a response to another question. I do know I paid more for the bottle than what is bid when I bought it but I liked it and had never seen one so I bought it. I do not know how to add pics as I am new to e-bay so just bid what a bottle like the one in the pictures are worth to you as it looks or do not bid if you are afraid it has been repaired. I did not mean it to be took for a perfect bottle because I can see dings on it and I knew they were there when I bought it but they didn't bother me. I know some people want only perfect things but this bottle is not what I call perfect so bid or not. I don't know what else to tell you. Thanks

- onewcdon

At least he put the questions in the auction so others can see it's in question....

LC

Reaction score
I guess I am just too picky , to me any bottle that is cracked or chipped or repaired is nothing more than a shelf piece to me and worth very little . Just something to put on the shelf till a good one comes along .

celerycola

Reaction score
He did answer and post the questions regarding the repair so it is possible he honestly doesn't know what a repair looks like. Someone trying to pass a scam wouldn't post the questions on his listing for everyone to see.

The repair is obvious so I doubt the bidding will go higher. We may see bids withdrawn.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

He did answer and post the questions regarding the repair so it is possible he honestly doesn't know what a repair looks like. Someone trying to pass a scam wouldn't post the questions on his listing for everyone to see.

The repair is obvious so I doubt the bidding will go higher. We may see bids withdrawn.
I thought the same thing Dennis...

fishnuts

Reaction score
Yuppers.
Reminding me that I DON'T have to buy his seedy bottle isn't exactly courteous, now, is it?
Or proactive, as a seller.

I don't believe he's clueless, either.
I believe he now knows he got burned on this bottle and he wants to pass it along, while fudging answers by never really either confirming or denying the presence of repairs/damage. "I need ya'll to be dumbasses too, so I can unload it."...kind of mentality. And...he doesn't 'know' about bottles but thought this one was 'neat' and therefore paid more than $360 for it. WTF?

No problem, guy! You won't have to worry about getting my bids and cash.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: fishnuts

Yuppers.
Reminding me that I DON'T have to buy his seedy bottle isn't exactly courteous, now, is it?
Or proactive, as a seller.

I don't believe he's clueless, either.
I believe he now knows he got burned on this bottle and he wants to pass it along, while fudging answers by never really either confirming or denying the presence of repairs/damage. "I need ya'll to be dumbasses too, so I can unload it."...kind of mentality. And...he doesn't 'know' about bottles but thought this one was 'neat' and therefore paid more than $360 for it. WTF?

No problem, guy! You won't have to worry about getting my bids and cash.
Well put FN..

Ka0s

Reaction score
I guess the best way I can describe how I know it’s a repaired is the look. It has that not right look to it. Glass when blown or molded will appear the same when made where as glue will get depressions or just look different. Looking at the back side photo there is an impression in the glass that should not be there, its either a bad chip or glue that didn’t dry the way it should of..

Here we go
l.jpg

I can’t tell if the whole top was replaced or if it was simply repaired on that one side. But the line at the base of the top doesn’t seem right to me either.

This is my Hutch.

l.jpg

As you can see there is no ring at the base of the top where the neck stops and also no dips nor raised bumps.

epackage

Reaction score
You have a Keen Eye sir, I don't think the sellers pic is good enough for me to tell even with the items you point out. It may well be why he didn't take close-ups or better pics...Jim

Thanks Ka0s

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau