Pickle or Olive bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandytoga

Reaction score
I dug this up in my backyard. A few other bottles from about 1860 or so were in the same place. I can't find any info on this bottle or the bottom mark anywhere. The closest I found was an olive vase bottle from about 1880 (can't remember the name), but no examples in this beautiful emerald green. Any ideas?

picklebottle.jpg

bottom - A N & CO NY (almost seems double stamped)
bottlebottom.jpg

beendiggin

Reaction score
First listed as a merchant in NYC directories in 1875, his first trademark was for cigars, his second was roasted coffee in 1884. By 1909 he had registered trademarks for tea, olive oil, salmon, cod, and other foods. By 1980 they were distillers of Wild Turkey whiskey. Info obtained from Zumwalt's book. I'd dig some more in the yard. That's a nice bottle.

sandytoga

Reaction score
Thanks. It was actually the 1st thing I pulled out of the ground and I thought it was just an art-deco vase! Then I found the older stuff and figured it was something else. Do you have any idea what it might be worth?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Do you have any idea what it might be worth?

Dont know, its sort of similar to some common ones but I cant remember seeing that particular one anytime within the last couple years. Food bottles arent my bag though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter