picture of me smiling (cobalt whiskey)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Yep, The clear ones are out there but they aren't near as outstanding as the cobalt. I used to sell alot of wiskeys to gallerys, restaurantes and antique retailers. There was pretty good money in it. I think there are 3 variantes of the clear.

LC

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Brian. I have the Caspers Made by Honest North Carolina People as well. It is mint. After reading Dan's post pertaining to your comments about the missing E in Made, I had to look at mine to see what I had, mine is not missing the e. I think I posted a question as to which of the casper's were the harder to find, but I do not remember anyone ever replying to it. I might have missed it by chance though.

AA6770B0C0224ABCACCE099AB180FB0B.jpg

Attachments

• AA6770B0C0224ABCACCE099AB180FB0B.jpg
    AA6770B0C0224ABCACCE099AB180FB0B.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 72

Tony14

Reaction score
Looks like someones luck turned in a big way[;)]I might have to go through some of the emails that you sent me bout how bad your lucks been lately so that i can laugh at em....

Oh yeah GREAT FIND!!!!!

epgorge

Reaction score
I used to sell alot of wiskeys to gallerys, restaurantes and antique retailers. There was pretty good money in it.

Hey Cap,
Was that from the still up on the hill? Wasn't there a movie about you starring Burt Reynolds?[;)]

Seriously, Is that a real cobalt or an irradiated purple? This antique place I visit has a ton of irradiated purple bottles, some not so common anymore, even cokes and they are ruined in my opinion. It bothers when I am looking for a specific bottle and the only one around is purple. But they sell like hotcakes for some unGodly reason.

Joel

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
thanks Bottlediger, I'm not too tore up about that crack either. Probably is a 5 or 6 hundred dollar crack though. L C that link is up in Brian S's 2nd post on this thread. Itsa great site. Tony,ain't it about time I came up with something decent. Maybe I will quit whining for a little while. I will get your blob beer sent monday. And Joel, I can guarandangtee you they are real cobalt. Mine came from under about a foot of mud and bricks in the bottom of a creek. From the time I found it to the time I posted it was probably less than 20 minutes. It looked like it had been laying where I found it for about 99. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Jim

Reaction score
Killer bottle, Dan! The crack sucks, but it is still a beautiful and scarce bottle. Definitely a keeper, the crack hurts but it still has some value. Dig that place out, it is very possible that there might be another one there (hopefully perfect). ~Jim

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
you got that right, Jim. I went back today for about an hour. Water level in the creek bed would only let me go down about a foot. Everything that is whole seems to be at or below that. got some plain janes including a quart beer that was perfect of course. I'll stay after it for sure. Casper's is going on ebay today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem