Pikes Peak

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
All, this was dug yesterday. I believe it's a GIX 42, but I'm not a flask collector. It has the hunter shooting the stag on reverse (sorry I didn't get the pic of that). It's between a pint and quart in size. The crazy thing about it is the deep teal color. Has anyone seen this color in a Pikes Peak before?

Attachments

• 47edad9d934a483c9569133df872d31f.jpg
    47edad9d934a483c9569133df872d31f.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 79

ScottBSA

Reaction score
That is one fine bottle. Super color. Without being specific, where did you have your dig? Thanks for sharing. Scott

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You collect fruit jars anyway and don't want those so I'll send you my address. Let me know what the postage is.[:)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Anyway, first dibs for the freebie.Your looking for the GXI not IX and somewhwhere in the 46-53 range I think. The back is important as are the dimensions if you can't get a true capacity. Nice bottles, both if them..

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning! VERY nice! I could only find one FPP flask, the GXI-34 with eagle on reverse described as "bluish green" and none as teal. There were many color varients noted, including "shades of aqua", "greenish", "bluish", etc, but I have never seen that color I am seeing in your pics and if accurate would assume a rare one. Have dug pieces of one in the light green color of the eagle flask you show and that is a hard to come by color for any flask. You have several thousand dollars worth of glass with the pair alone! Last dark olive green Pikes Peak just sold on e-bay for a slightly deflated price of $2600, and I would suspect that teal color would fetch a good bit more. It's my favorite color of all the choices by far and I know other collectors who are the same, so just a particular color can bring out the wallets fast! I would send pics to Jeff at ABA (Antique Bottle Auctions) for an appraisal. Again, fantastic finds! Jack

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Teal and all those other colors of ultra picky origin we go by now weren't used by even the diehard collectors 50 or 100 years ago. Blueish green was as good as it got, maybe more than the norm..[:)]

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow! congrats, nice flasks and the teal is a killer - would love to dig one of those!

botlguy

Reaction score
I am getting the impression that you are not the person who dug this flask. Otherwise you could supply a picture of the reverse which would allow us to identify the McKearin number and a closer estimate of it's value. FPP flasks in this color are quite valuable in any variant. I will respond to this more later when I have time. When I had my Flask collection FPP was one of my favorites.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie