POLL: What type of 'bottle person' are you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello all you different collectors. I am mainly interested in glass items that talk to me about how they were made. The study of these marks helped me trace the changes in the production method changes. These things involved the making of the parison shape that was responsible for the distribution of the glass thickness in every part of each bottle made. The things like marks of venting, texture in the glass, marks made on the glass by the development and changes of creating different mold assemblies and keying them into making good products, makers marks, mold cavity repairs and many different applied glass for finishes, decoration or performance - all became interesting studies for me. So bottle mysteries are what I look for. RED Matthews

42station

Reaction score
1 and 3 for me. History is fascinating. Dug in dumps in NJ as a kid and loved it. Down side is two of the dumps turned out to be Superfund sites :( Just holding and seeing the craftsmanship of certain bottles is a privilege. If bottles could talk I would be all ears.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
1 and 3 for me. History is fascinating.
Same here although I wouldn't mind finding a bottle for free of next to nothing and selling it for big money. Actually, lots of them would be OK too.[:D]

bucky902

Reaction score
I love old bottles.. don't care what they're worth
I love history.. bottles connect me with it.
I'm more into the social aspect of the hobby.

I think i am a hoarder of bottles love them all and hard to part with any I enjoy the hunt and the history [:)]

Uwharrie digger

Reaction score
I love old bottles and don't worry about what they are worth. I love history and love bottles from historical places. They tell alot about what life was like during that time period.I love researching old bottles that I found. I collect alot of things that are old besides bottles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229