POLL: What type of 'bottle person' are you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
#

1EC9FC97C2524383861EA275C21C2484.jpg

Attachments

• 1EC9FC97C2524383861EA275C21C2484.jpg
    1EC9FC97C2524383861EA275C21C2484.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 72

Icebar

Reaction score
I live 45 minutes from Corning. I've visited the Corning Museum of Glass ( CMoG) many times. I really enjoy coming across their old stuff in antique shops. Makes a real connection for me.

glass man

Reaction score
Like most say it is hard to pick just one..but I did pick one..number 1!JAMIE

pinxbinx

Reaction score
I am brand new to this, but I don't care what they are worth, although I want to know what they are worth. I love their history and feel like each has a story. I also am particularly interesting in the ones that look pretty or unique. It could be worth a lot and me not like it if it looks ordinary or boring (not that many fall into this category). I'm not terribly into old soda bottles though. I didn't click this one, but I am not just into bottles. If I find something old and unique, then I'm perfectly happy. In all honesty though, it doesn't matter how old it is, if it beautiful, then I want to keep it.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Welcome Pinx

I hope that is not your first name [:D]

I dont care what stuff is worth either. i LIKE TO DIG BOTTLES MORE THEN COLLECT THEM if that makes any seance.

VTdigger

Reaction score
more on how bottles connect me to history is my love of local bottles ( Bennington VT.) I save any shard or local pharmacist or milk bottles just to learn of the different sizes and shapes the local merchants had there bottles made in like the other day, I was on lunch break by the Walloomsac river in Bennington and found a shard of a half pint milk bottle from the Hewitt farms which ran from 1917-50. I had seen pictures on the Bennington historical society's site of bottles from this dairy with an applied color label. So I always wondered if they had an embossed bottle from earlyer in there operation so it was nice to know there is an embossed bottle from this farm out there. I made a list of all the local dairies who had a bottle from the 1920's-60's my goal is to find at least one bottle from each local dairy both embossed and colored label.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well after retirement, I decided to learn about how glass bottles and products were made before 1900. In reality this ment: how they were made in the mouth blown period of production. I have read every old glass making book I could get my hands on and got enough understanding of methods used to recognize the marks and characteristics of these older bottles. I was especially interested with the case gin bottle development to keep up with the demand. And then secondly with the SARATOGA Mineral Water bottles - here again because the demand for them exceeded the methods of getting them made. Need initiated changes that I could recognize and zero in on when things happened; like the chilling of the cast iron mold cavity iron and it's effect of almost eliminating the thing they used to call whittle in a bottle made in an iron mold. It helps to let the bottle you study tell you about how it was made. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229