pontils,jesus,and silver! 56kbeware

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleman

Reaction score
PhilaBottles, his book ONLY has pontiled bottles listed. There are a few smooth based squats listed but only those that had a later pontiled version of that bottle are in his book. If you would like you can e-mail me and I can give you his e-mail and phone number so you can talk to him more about the book. I think I paid only like $10 for it last year then I later realized that it was all on that website too.

~~Tom

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Thought I would add a little comment.... My grandma always used to say "never discuss politics or religion." I'm pretty sure there was more after that but sadly I forget the rest. [:eek:]

IRISH

Reaction score
That would be a great thing to live by what your Grandma used to say DiggerBryan [;)] , politics and/or religion have been the start of every war in history plus endless fighting between people for thousands of years.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion but I personly have no time for politics or religion, it always leads to unpleasantness and bad feeling between people.

capsoda

Reaction score
Those are great pics Matthew and great bottles. If the cross is really teak and lead it would have belonged to a sailer. Its part of a superstition that represents what a sailer believed in. Teak for his ship and lead for his heart. Later the lead was replaced by silver. Many sailers would not wear a cross of wood and lead, they considered it bad luck. My younger bro was burried with his and his son and bro in law still wear theres. tTe one you dug up could be a few hundred years old.[:)]

VirginiaDigger

Reaction score
Hello Philabottles GREAT DUMP!!! I Sold A M.B. ROBERTS VEGETABLE On Ebay About 2 Months Ago I Got $104.00 For It So Thats A Pretty Nice Find. I Also Love That Ink Is It A Carter?? Anyway Awesome Day Down In The Dumps :) Have A Good One VirginiaDigger

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Phillabottles...

Hey Matthew... GREAT bottles... What a dig... Holy cow!!!![8D]
been looking for a couple of water sites to dive down your way. There must be tons of stuff underwater, buried in the mud... rivers and lakes and ponds... Oh My!

Those pontiled meds are dynamite!!

Wayne

At least Bush can keep his hands off the interns... had to get my 2 cents in... Good for you Matt

David E

Reaction score
Oh, the coins are from the US Mint.
No signature

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1