pontils,jesus,and silver! 56kbeware

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Philabottles! What a great day of digging! Better dig every square inch of that dump. Thanks for sharing, Kelley[:D]

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Very nice finds. I love those local pontil druggists.

You know that they have to be rare.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Great finds! I collect pontiled Philada squats and would love to see some more pictures of your finds in the future. I am surprised that there are still dumps to be dug with that many bottles in Philadelphia because of all the diggers out there. I know that city has been hit pretty hard in the past.

~~Tom

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
I do dig in philly, but this dump is a little outside. I have every single philadelphia soda, beer, mineralwater,cider dealer name on file. i am rewriting a directory (not price guide) by Tom Hallman. it wont be finished until January.

The only bottle found that you collect was a riddle pony green pontil my buddy got.

Cz79894.jpg

Attachments

• Cz79894.jpg
    Cz79894.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 50

IRISH

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum PhilaBottles [:)] .

Great finds there, nice to see pontiled stuff coming out [:D] .
The Lead and wooden Jesus is a somewhat unusual find, one time a few years ago a friend of mine found a ceramic Jesus and I found a devil's head (ceramic as well) a few meters away, god knows what they where doing there ??? [:D] [:-] .

Bottleman

Reaction score
I would defiantly like to buy a copy of that book when you get it finished. I already have the list of bottles by Tod von Mechow and it comes in handy a lot. Will yours basically be the same or will it have more bottles in it. I think that is a great idea how you guys are making these lists of bottles from Philadelphia because there are over 200 pontiled bottles alone and would be imposable to keep track of them all with out a detailed list.

~~Tom

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
hmm...Tod never told me he had a book like that. I got a bunch of name from him at a bottle show.The book im redoing was copyrighted in 1973. What is his book like?

deepwoods

Reaction score
As one digger to another, love the bottles and appreciate and commend your success, but this isnt a political forum - theres plenty of other sites for that.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
that picture of George W. Bush can be taken any which way. sorry if my patriotism offended you.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Well, here is a link to his web site where he has all of the names in his book on the internet: http://www.worldlynx.net/sodasandbeers/philalst.htm His book is pretty much a printout of that website and is tilted “A listing of Philadelphia Pontiled Soda & Beer Bottles 1825-1857. He also provided 6 pages of information and pictures. At the time of the book there were 272 different pontiled philly bottles. This does NOT include different varieties of the same name, just the number of different bottlers they had.

~~Tom

The link is not working so just copy and paste this: http://www.worldlynx.net/sodasandbeers/philalst.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1