Porcelain beer tops?>>With picture.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cal Digger

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm brand new to the forum. I hope this is the right section to post this. There's a spot I dig for bottles out here in California and I found these beer tops on one trip digging there. I'm still hoping I'll dig matching bottles one day.

Does anyone collect porcelain tops like this?

Wv65383.jpg

Attachments

• Wv65383.jpg
    Wv65383.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 80

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steve, I used to hang on to them but the soil here is always damp and has a very high acid count. The enamaling is usually long gone before I dig them up.

Those are in very nice shape.

Welcome to the forum.[:)]

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Looks like someone was collecting them back when and lost them if you don't see any pieces of the bottles they stoppered. Definitely collectible, I think I saw a picture of a guy at a bottle show in ABGC magazine that wore a necklace made out of them. Not sure of value without the bottle but almost everything is collectible especially western stuff.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have filled 5 gal buckets with those stoppers at a few dumps around the bay area, usually where broken beers were disposed of. Believe it, or not, I have sold the scarcer ones for as much as ten bucks each. Common ones go for 50 cents and up to a dollar. Golden gates are easy $5.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc