Possible reproduction poison?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alemond

Reaction score
I bought the bottle shown below in 2002 in Arizona to put cactus quills in. I added the modern cork. It has a seam which leads me to believe it's either decorative, or a reproduction poison (due to the ridges). Of course I'm hoping it's a real poison but even to my newbie, untrained eye, it seems doubtful. If anyone has any thoughts, please share! :) Oh, as far as I can tell, it's not Petersen Glass.
Thanks everyone!
-Al

IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5637 (1).JPG
IMG_5638.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5640.JPG
    IMG_5640.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 77

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It's definitely not a reproduction, but I'm not convinced that it's a poison bottle either. Those ridges may have just been for decoration. It looks like it dates to around the 30s-50s which is the tail end of warning markings on poison bottles so it's not impossible, but I doubt that it's got a Roy Kuhn number so without that you'd need to see a labeled version to tell if it qualifies as a poison or not.

Alemond

Reaction score
It's definitely not a reproduction, but I'm not convinced that it's a poison bottle either. Those ridges may have just been for decoration. It looks like it dates to around the 30s-50s which is the tail end of warning markings on poison bottles so it's not impossible, but I doubt that it's got a Roy Kuhn number so without that you'd need to see a labeled version to tell if it qualifies as a poison or not.
Thank you!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson