Practice photos - Teal ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Warren what I do need as far as stoppers go is the serpentine stoppers for the top of blob sodas if you have em tell me what you want for them. You can see what they look like in my gallery or teh blob soda gallery.

Let me know.

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Steven, I'll have to Email you. I have an idea for finding those stoppers you crave so much. Let me verify a few more facts and i'll share it with you.

Saw your Badger display, Its enough to break your heart man.

cc6pack

Reaction score
Hi, Hope you don't mind just practicing getting pics on this site.

Tr49378.jpg

cc6pack

Reaction score
Wayne, Hi

Thanks for the comment.

I try to use ambient outside light when possible, no tripod they seem to be more of a bother than help. I own a coolpix 2500, and the editing features of a photo program are invaluable.

If you were wondering why I have not posted here, Meech invited the folks on the ebay bottle board over here a while back. I signed up and never got around to posting. Ebay has moved the bottle thread and it is almost impossible for people to fine it. Haven't seen Whiskey or Brenda on there for a while, and went looking for them LOL. [8|]

It's nice to see discussions about bottles and stuff from folks that know the field.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
cc6pack...

Hey Dennis... wow, you were certified almost as long ago as me (YMCA 1969) and you were in Gitmo? Grunt (Marine) or Squid (Sailor)? I had to put a clarification in there for others who may not know the difference between the two.[;)]

Are you still into diving? Bottle diving is where it's at... lots of stuff to find down there.

Anyway, welcome back to the forum and will be looking forward to your posts and photos[:D]

Wayne

cc6pack

Reaction score
Wayne,

Sorry for taking so long to get back here.

Marines 66-70, I did two tours of Gitmo, first tour I snorkled a lot, and on the second got the C-card. It's hard believe that we use to spear fish with snorkle in 60-80 foot of water, now I'd be doing good to get to 30 foot.

I don't do as much diving as I would like, I had a serious back injury about 10 years ago and don't get around like I use to. I kinda walk funny, NOT that kind of funny.[:D]

I started out looking for Civil War relics in the early 70's, and kept running into old trash dumps, and discovered I could get more for some old bottles than most of the relics I was finding. I eventually started collecting Meds associated with J S Pemberton or Asa Candler.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Dennis...

I had a bad back injury too, in 1985 pushing cruiser out of snow bank during the midnight shift!!! Was laid up for quite a while and had all the surgery and stuff. Doctors told me I probably wouldn't be able to dive anymore... Here I am... still diving, jumping off of docks and boats, lugging all that gear around.[&:]

It really pretty relaxing, being weightless and all. You should see if you could get back into it.

Wayne

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen