Practice photos - Teal ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Dude,

It looks like salt water is better for glass than fresh. I would have though the salt would mess the glass up.

Hmm. You learn some thing every day.

Steven

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Steven...

The salt water can mess up a bottle too... I've found many that have etching on them from the current moving over the glass for so many years. Fresh water is really better, specially if the bottle gets down there in the mud... boy they come out looking like they were thrown in yesterday[8D]

Wayne

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

Some times they come out of the mud good. Usually around here they come out with some degree of oxidization. Some times it terrible etching. I'm not talking about rolling in a river or current. I'm talking the minerals and acids in the water eating away at the glass. We do get lucky and find minty mint ones but rarely to they come out as sparkly as the ones you've pictured here.

Steven

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Steven...

The Dr. Larooka's a good bottle... I've seen them sell at shows for $125. to $165.

I don't know much about the Hyatt's... I was told that some have sold in the $300.00 range, but I haven't seen any at the shows. The Hyatt's bottles are a New York medicine so I'm looking into their value... Maybe some of our other forum friends know something about them... I'm sure Warren must know something about them, even if he don't, he'll make something up about them and let me think I got a pair of good ones!![:D]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, I got a copy of Matt's book and it says the Hyatts Double strenght is worth $70 but the Infllible, teal, tapered collar is worth $285. The Larooka's he has listed has a base chip and went for $28 so your probably close on that one.[:)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

Thanks buddy for looking that up for me. I've been thinking about purchasing the Auction Price Report just so I can see what some of these bottles have gone for, I just haven't gotten around to it. You know, work... vacation... diving... bottle hunting... photography... "thumb wrestling" and chattin on the forum takes up most of my time, along with shovelling snow, cutting & splitting wood, stacking it, eating, sleeping and drinkin... the list goes on and on...[:D]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
I know what you mean Wayne, those pesty nap can really get in the way.[;)]

A good bottle referance library can cost more than a Blossoms Badger Ale bottle.[&:]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

Be careful telling Warren about all that work. It's unsettling to him to even hear about that much work!!! He'll toss and turn though his entire mid morning nap tomorrow and maybe even his early afternoon nap too![&o] Take it easy on the poor ol guy!

If you want help with auction prices I can give it for free. A florabamy Pepsi goes for twenty percent of a Blossoms. That's in theory because one has never been sold.

A guy that runs a pontiled soda website was very impressed with the Blossoms and while he didn't say so in his email to me I'm pretty sure he thinks it's worth TEN times a bamiflor Pepsi. So... You can take that for what it's worth.

Warren...

HEY HEY HEY!!!

Don't get carried away! That reference library better at least have some thing in it about a Blossoms Badger Ale! Those new pictures in the blob beer gallery of the mighty Blossoms came from a friend. He won't tell me who even owns the pieces. Man that chaps my hide! I'll find out though, you wait![:D]

Oh and thank you very much! I really appreciate the stuff you sent over. That was very cool! I'm going to tag a surprise along for you with your stoppers from Bob. I wanted to just pay for them but that puts Bob in a weird position so it'll have to be a extra treat for you!!! I know you will like it! Don't ask because I won't tell any way... Hey, were you in the military under Clinton... You might already be familiar with don't ask don't tell if you were! Although I think that was more navy than air force! Whatever Dude!

Oh and Warren, you don't have to swear!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steven, Thanks for the heads up. Its not alive or anything like that.[&:]

No, Fortunately I was not in the military during the Clinton fiasco and I fell great sorrow for anyone who was.[:eek:]

If you or Bob need any more of those for your bottles or what ever let me know I got about 30lbs of them and will be happy to send them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen