Pray For Jake

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Jake is our friend, companion and beloved cat. Because of the "law", he had to go in last Saturday to get his shots. He is an inside cat, mind you, never comes in contact with the outside world besides us. Anyway, he hates the vet. So to do any work on him, he has to be sedated. He is an older cat, 15. We were worried how well he would handle being sedated at this age in life. But there was no choice. When we got him back home, he was still shaking off the sedation....but he never got better. He has no coordination, no apatite, and now, after 3 days, no strength. A trip to the ER on Sunday proved nothing but a waste of time and $100 which we could not afford. They said he had an ear infection from the ear cleaning, causing the dizziness and coordination problems. Gave us ear drops. Took him back the vet that did the work on monday and they said it was some condition brought on by the sedation and there appears to be nothing wrong with his ears. What a racket.

I got him to drink a little bit of water this morning, but he wont touch his food still. Of course, the vet is out today and wont be back until Thursday. If he survives until then, we will take him in and let them do what they can, damn the bills.

This cat means the world to my wife. She has had him since he was a rescued kitten and has been to hell and back several time through his life with her. And he has always been there and has been the best cat and friend she has had. I hope he survives to forgive us. My wife is a mess and it's taking all I have just to keep it together.

jake.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Best of Luck, many of us know all too well what you're going thru, I'll say a prayer for Jake...

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I will say a prayer for Jake also I lost my cat Chewy after 20 yrs so I know what you are going thru. And if Jake makes it I would tell that lousy vet [:mad:] that he died and would never take him in again............Andy

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Ill say a prayer for Jake. I lost my favorite cat phebe 2 years ago when she was 18.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Major prayers for Jake!! We have a cat close to that age and he's much too fragile to deal with that kind of thing...I pray and hope the best for you and your wife!
m6.gif

D9EC87213F644194B7C3C4C2725EB552.jpg

Attachments

• D9EC87213F644194B7C3C4C2725EB552.jpg
    D9EC87213F644194B7C3C4C2725EB552.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 63

towhead

Reaction score
Maybe something here:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5918323_do-right-after-getting-shots.html

-Julie

Latest posts