Privy experts, attention!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Chris that's just awesome detail and info, I think connors situation is slightly different from Row Houses because where he is there are alot of houses on Big Lots and no real Row House areas...It was wide open farm country in alot of places up here unless you're in Paterson....Jim

In fact on a tract like that you might not have more than 3-4 homes...

Yep I hate farm houses.
I wish I had all the time I needed to dig like that,maybe if I win the lottery and quit my job.Im gonna play today!

Newtoit

Reaction score
Wow!! Now I know why the best bottles we're finding are buried in ashes. We're excavating a couple of vacant lots for new housing. No probing the ground or nothing. Lots of good bottles. We're digging with a 27 ton excavator. Thankfully a very skilled operator, can pick up 1 cubic yard, shake it out and not break a single bottle!! It sure beats digging with a shovel up here in the frozen north (Ontario). Great info every one!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Debbie

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Newtoit

Wow!! Now I know why the best bottles we're finding are buried in ashes. We're excavating a couple of vacant lots for new housing. No probing the ground or nothing. Lots of good bottles. We're digging with a 27 ton excavator. Thankfully a very skilled operator, can pick up 1 cubic yard, shake it out and not break a single bottle!! It sure beats digging with a shovel up here in the frozen north (Ontario). Great info every one!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Debbie

Welll?? were are the pictures? you can't tell us and then just vanish that's inhumane [:D]

Newtoit

Reaction score
Some are in this post, https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-491846/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#491951
Another one is here https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-491821/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#492277
And another one https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-491827/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#492094

Debbie

Newtoit

Reaction score
We should be finished at this site by next weekend. So far, 10 boxes of bottles dug. As soon as we're done I'll be posting a lot of pics. Next job that might yield some good bottles is decommissioning an old gas station. A lot of digging to remove underground tanks an for new building. It's been there for a long time, gas, auto repair, general store and post office.
Pic's from this dig will be up soon. Can't wait for the warmer weather to get here so I can clean the mud off the bottles outside....too cold on the hands right now.
Debbie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter