Question regarding an old bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpicker

Reaction score
I got this one in a lot of bottles I purchased a couple of months ago. I can't seem to find too much about it. It is embossed:

VEGETABLE PULMONARY BALSAM (front panel)
PROPRIETORS (side)
CUTLER BROS & CO BOSTON MASS (side)

The color is more of a light green than aqua. Thanks for any help.

swizzle

Reaction score
Kovel's sucks. I have it listed in my 1973 Kovels w/ content and box $3.00. There ain't no way that bottles only worth $3. That's a nice looking chunk of glass. My guess would be closer to $30 if not more. Swiz

nhpicker

Reaction score
Thanks Swiz, I was thinking the same thing.

I am surprised Gunther has not posted a reference to this one. He must be on Vaca...[:mad:]

swizzle

Reaction score
Hmmmm....My little trick didn't work... Maybe you should PM him a few dozen times. That should get his attention. [:)] Swiz

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I dug one of those years ago, and sold it. I kind of wish I didn't cause I didnt get much money for it, and it is a cool bottle.
Mine was stained, and I didn't know about "tumbling" at the time. If I had tumbled it, it would look good on my shelf now.
Not many bottles have two lines of embossing on the side panel like that. It's a "smooth base aqua med. so it only demands so much $$, but I've always thought this was a really cool bottle. Yours looks to be in great condition

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice med bottle. I think, giving the pics, it should be worth more as a great med display bottle. What do I know?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter