Rare Coke Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have a Verner Springs Water Company, Greenville, NC Coke bottle. It is straight sided. Where Coca Cola would normally be it says Registered. The Coca Cola emblem can be found on the bottom of the bottle. It is slightly green in color and has some chipping on one side and a large chip in the lip. I am guessing that this is one of the first Coke bottles made by this company and I was told this bottle is very rare.

Does anyone know anything about this bottle and what it could be possibly worth? I will add a picture later as my camera batteries just decided to die.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Wendy,

Thanks for visiting A-BN. Pictures will tell the awful truth, that is if you show the "chipping." But, meanwhile, shouldn't that be "Greenville, South Carolina?"

Does yours look like this one?
sssgreen.jpg
"greenville, s.c.
trade mark

verner springs water co.

greenville, s.c.

registered

min conts 6 fl. oz.

this bottle not to be sold and must be returned

lcw 2
thin and long

center circular script
aqua good

$120" From.

I'm not a good value barometer, nor Coca-Cola expert, and I notice that the above price is via a German site. Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable Sodalistas can tell you more.

Broderick+Crawford+and+Shaving+Mug+Collection.jpg

celerycola

Reaction score
These bottles were used from the 'teens to 1942 and a whole lot of them was found in the old bottling plant about thirty years ago. At a bottle show last month a guy sold a full case of 24 bottles for $600. That's $25 apiece.
ORIGINAL: copperdragoness

I have a Verner Springs Water Company, Greenville, NC Coke bottle. It is straight sided. Where Coca Cola would normally be it says Registered. The Coca Cola emblem can be found on the bottom of the bottle. It is slightly green in color and has some chipping on one side and a large chip in the lip. I am guessing that this is one of the first Coke bottles made by this company and I was told this bottle is very rare.

Does anyone know anything about this bottle and what it could be possibly worth? I will add a picture later as my camera batteries just decided to die.

Reaction score
Yes it does but not. This one does not have the Coca Cola where this one does. It says it on the bottom of the bottle and yes... that was a typo... SC

Reaction score
From what I could gather that is not correct either. The curved bottle was brought into existence in 1917 (Per www.antiquebottles.com) I have not been able to find an exact replica of this bottle and I think where the coca cola name is located is what makes it so rare. When I say the name is on the bottom... I mean it is scripted across the base bottom... not on the sides. Maybe it was a misprinted error... just not sure.

ORIGINAL: celerycola

These bottles were used from the 'teens to 1942 and a whole lot of them was found in the old bottling plant about thirty years ago. At a bottle show last month a guy sold a full case of 24 bottles for $600. That's $25 apiece.

Reaction score
I have been trying to upload these pictures and it is not letting me. Gonna try another avenue of posting them here.

celerycola

Reaction score
The 'Hobbleskirt" bottles were put into use starting in 1917. Bottlers were not required to switch to the new bottle and many bottlers used "straightside" bottles well into the 1920's. Verner Springs at Greenville was the last bottler to switch to the patent "Hobbleskirt" bottle in 1942. I have seen hundreds of this bottle and they are relatively common.

From what I could gather that is not correct either. The curved bottle was brought into existence in 1917 (Per www.antiquebottles.com) I have not been able to find an exact replica of this bottle and I think where the coca cola name is located is what makes it so rare. When I say the name is on the bottom... I mean it is scripted across the base bottom... not on the sides. Maybe it was a misprinted error... just not sure.

ORIGINAL: celerycola

Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1781731257918&set=a.1781730617902.2102480.1078549916&theater

This album is open to anyone on my facebook page.

Reaction score
another link - in case the other one does not work
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2102480&id=1078549916&l=2f4fc08a90

Reaction score
Check the links... you will see why this is not a "common" bottle and I am willing to bet you have not seen hundreds of them.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau