Rare Milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

reptilekeeper

Reaction score
Hello everyone; I just love this site and all the folks that contribute so much valuable and inspiring and offten funny information. In reguards to Jims last post I was wondering were would you find a list of Rare Milks/Dairies in the New England area? I have dug sixty or so Milks all bearing a differnt Dairy Name, most have towns on them that are citys now!

Thank's
Lp

Jim

Reaction score
Check with your local library or historical society. Also, if you can locate a milk bottle collector in your area, they should have lots of info. I learned most of what I know about my local milk bottles from other collectors. ~Jim

diggermarsh

Reaction score
Local collectors are the best way to find out. Typically people collect milk bottles from the state they are from, or grew up in, or a lot of times where their parents, grandparents, or great grandparents once ran a dairy farm. Also, check on ebay. There is a guy who pays huge dollars for some New Hampshire milk bottles. I've made some great friends dealing with local milk bottles. A lot of history out there worth learning about. Just don't be too quick to part with them before you know what they might be worth. When I first got started digging bottles I sold an $800 milk bottle to a collector for les than $10. OOPS!! Oh well, all part of the fun of learning about bottles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib