Rare Oakland Druggist

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The company simply remained H. Bowman until 1887, when it became H. Bowman & Son. A few years later, in 1891, a man by the name of Newton A. Koser was taken in as partner and it was H. Bowman & Co. Bowman senior retired a few years later, leaving William and Koser in charge. Shortly, the Bowman Drug Co began to expand, eventually having branch stores in Alameda, Berkeley, Fresno, and more in Oakland. By 1925, Bowman Drug Co was listed with N.A.Koser, the only long standing partner, as VP. In 1926, the chain of Bowman stores was sold as a unit and became Liggett's Drug Stores.

The name H. Bowman remained on many of their products, regardless of the company name changes.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Miller's book, which I really need to get one of, is a book on California embossed druggist and pharmacy bottles. It's the one book I've heard referenced the most when it comes to Cali druggists.

Last time I checked in with Mr. Miller he'd sold the last copy of his most recent revised edition. I really like your Bowman bottle. I have several druggist/perfumer(y) bottles from San Francisco that I've collected over the years. The cylindrical bottle with an indented embossed panel is common to most of the perfumes I've got.

Do you collect Oakland druggist bottles?

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I don't really collect any Bay Area bottles. I'd be more then happy to make an equal trade for any Sacramento or misc. mining town druggists I don't have. Anyone interested just PM or email me.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Wow I guess it's a case of "you snooze you lose"...my mining town traders can rest in their box for a while longer.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960