Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sxsi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found this bottle in a river in England but can't seem to find a comparison online. Is it rare? I'd love to know more, including value, even though I don't plan on selling it. Just want to know if I should take special care of it.

Many thanks

Simon (London)

'Si-finds' on Youtube

Attachments

• IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 292

slugplate

Reaction score
2 things are important to know. 1 - Are there any base markings? 2 - Are there any other markings around the base or on the bottle? If there are none, chances are you may have a prototype bottle that has very good value to collectors. I have not seen anything like it before, but the script of Pepsi Cola on it looks like it's from the 1950s. I'm subscribed to your channel, have a bottle and relic hunting channel of my own and I certainly understand your excitement about the bottle.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum! I've watched your channel as well, I quite like your videos! I've never seen a Pepsi that looks like that before either, but we also don't get much British stuff on here so it wouldn't be at all surprising to me that you got different designs over there. The mid-century British soda bottles don't seem to be widely collected so there's really minimal documentation online of what was going on over there in that era.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Being non American not really surprised it don't look familiar. I doubt it's any type of Prototype. Just Foreign to us. LEON.

sxsi

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I took a photo of the base in case that helps. I wonder if we bottled pepsi over here? Although not sure why we would use this type of bottle, maybe the ACL type wasn't made over here and this is the British version.

Attachments

• IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 275

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28