Ravinna Air-Tight fruit jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Dewdog and Jack,

Thanks for the info. I went out for two and had great luck finding a couple of local meds and a few other interesting things. Picked my buddy up at the launch and we got skunked for two tanks. Last tank i found a piece of an antique stove that I recognized as a piece to one I found the base of earlier and I was just happy to have found that and not be skunked on the last tank. I was working hard in deep mud but content to have at least done found something on my last tank and then BOOM! Scary thing is I didn’t know and just tucked it into my waistband on my BCD. Safe but NOT safe enough knowing what I know now. It still had wax in the rim when I found it. I peeled it out because we have had bottles break in the sun from stuff in them in this place. I knew it was good enough to swim over to Tom and show him but we had no clue.

It is a day and a find I will not ever forget. I may not sleep tonight! AND I left the memory card from finding in my work computer or I could post pictures from the boat that Tom took. Hey wait… I can log into my computer at work from home!
Be back in a sec!

madman

Reaction score
THAT IS A KILLER FIND! WOW! VERY NICE!

mrbottles

Reaction score
this is just as i found it. Like ten minutes after. Tom who posted here took the picture. Man Tom i am so glad you made it. This picture is now one of my favorite all time bottle hunt images.

Thanks Madman. In ten years this is the once. I have fond a lot of good bottles but this is far and away the best jar and the best piece of glass.

Steven

114BB6B6F2EC4D24AA8A86EF2F1F3ED6.jpg

Attachments

• 114BB6B6F2EC4D24AA8A86EF2F1F3ED6.jpg
    114BB6B6F2EC4D24AA8A86EF2F1F3ED6.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 80

dygger60

Reaction score
WOW.....the "powers that be" have smiled on you....what a find!!!! And PINT to boot....those early jars like that are almost unheard of in pint size.....wow......again congrats.

David

cookie

Reaction score
Congrats--that is one of the top jars...3000+ John

idigjars

Reaction score
Congratulations! Awesome jar. If the book states $4000 & up for a pint I bet you will get at least double that. Pints are tough anyway and to be pontiled. Now you bring bottle collectors into the mix as well as fruitjar collectors drooling over it. Good for you. Good luck finding more good items. Best regards. Paul

junkyard jack

Reaction score
I tend to agree with idigjars. This jar is hard enough to find let alone to find it in the pint size. I think this one would fetch quite a bit higher than current Red Book value. Quite a few of these very early wax seal jars have had some degree of lip/wax channel resin repairs over the years. Finding this little gem virtually damage-free makes this a very desirable jar. Well done, indeed!!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Thanks for all the incredible feedback. I can’t believe it. I am going to dig with my bare hands to China in the morning. It is likely one of but you never know. It comes in green and amber too. Maybe they had an outbreak of botulism and had to throw ten different varieties of similar pontiled fruit jars out. How’s that for delusional?

I just spent tem minutes looking at every aspect of it with a dive LED light. Like ten million candle power. It is awesome!

Steven

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.