Ravinna Air-Tight fruit jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Baydog51

Reaction score
Well my final guess is that it just didn't transfer any iron. Since we now know that it's defective, I'll still give $50 for it. (Ducking below my keyboard) Gary

mrbottles

Reaction score
Sold... NOT!!!

I have a pomntiled soda that you can tell has never been cleaned... Like tumbled. I allways thought someone used acid or something to get the pontil clean back in the day. With this bottle i can tell you it isn't even cleaned yet and i know of at least a few IP's that came out of the water full of iron. I have found maybe a dozen open pontils scube diving but never an iron pontil before this.

Steven

Fruit Jars

Reaction score
Steve,

Great find. It would like awefully nice on my shelf. I collect pint jars.

Jerry
"ikeda.jerry@gmail.com"

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I sent a link to this forum thread to a major fruit jar collector. I asked what it is worth and this is what he said. The numbers that people were throwing out here just didn't sound real. I should have never doubted the experts.

"As for your Ravenna pint....I believe it could bring a very strong price, as no flawless examples have come to the market in the last 6-7 years. I would place a pre-sale estimate of 5000-10000. The only way to find out is to put it up for auction and let the market compete for it. Just let me know if I can be of assistance. "

Pretty incredible. After being back out there for 15 more tanks of air I am in awe this came out at all.

Steven

appliedlips

Reaction score
I agree, redbook is often low on truly rare, high end jars. I have gotten over the high book price on every $1000+ jar I've sold. Good luck with it.

towhead

Reaction score
JUST INCREDIBLE!!

And just where exactly did you say this was found? OHHH, you didn't say? Heh Heh -Julie

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey appliedlips... How do you find more than one four figure jar? We never find anything good in the jar category out this way. Well... Almost never. ;) Maybe it is just the good ones are not thrown in the water much.

HAHAHAHAHA! Somewhere near Minnesota, relatively speaking. I think I have nullified the need for secrecy by diving 20 tanks in four days on the spot but why get careless. People know… They always do. The best bottle divers in the state are my two partners and they know. One was there when it came out. We are all excited to just be getting out this weekend as a team. I am bringing a shore lunch, Tom is bringing the NA refreshments and Jim is bringing his sorry ass up from the badlands south of the Wisconsin border. No offense Illinois folks, I mean that in a loving way. Yes the Midwest is competitive. I do love Minnesota at least until my all time favorite football player retires.

If I had to guess what the best bottle I would find this year and up until now would be a fruit jar would not have made the top twenty guess list. It is really spectacular.

Has anyone ever used the national jar auction site? I am going to sell it. It belongs with a jar collector and I can parlay it into something very special for my own collection.

Steven

towhead

Reaction score
Minnesota....your favorite football player....gee, wonder who that is? Ha Ha.
I think I need to go down to the Lake and find me one of those jars! Maybe there's one here too! -Julie

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hmmm, we might be able to work out a deal. If he will play in order to help close this deal Minnesota fans would be nuts to not each send me a dollar. They fill a sixty thousand seat stadium with ol number four running the show…. This might be a record breaking jar! Think you can rally the fan base? I’ll call Favre. Cripes just for the karma sense they should be willing to pony up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson