Recent Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
wow, thanks everyone. I forgot about this post..!

I was really regretting my camera did not work when I dug this. Also in the hole were a few small pontils, an amber and a teal Willington flasks, a New London flask, and a Teal union glass works New London squat... The flasks, the squat and quite a few other pontils were all broken, along with two more of these. The union glass works squat was a heart breaker because it had obviously very recently succumbed to the weight of a bull dozer that had recently unearthed this trove... it was sitting there whole in place, with cracks and fresh splinters of glass all around it. The other stuff was possibly broken by the same but this one was very obvious...

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey one great early bottle out of a cut down privy is nothing to laugh about. To bad the others were destroyed but thers always the next hole.

Chris

tigue710

Reaction score
yeah I'm stoked...

just wish I had a camera to document the dig. The teal New London squat and amber new London flask... those are very hard bottles to see broken...

appliedlips

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

yeah I'm stoked...

The teal New London squat and amber new London flask... those are very hard bottles to see broken...

Tough to see but good reason to get up early,weld a fresh bead on the probe and go dig another one.

tigue710

Reaction score
I wish! The only place these show up are in back of businesses in one area of town... residential lots here have nothing but small ash pits... It could be a very very long time before such a chance arises again... I really hope not, but I have to go with the flow of development to find these...

cobaltbot

Reaction score
That is one fine looking dated bottle for your collection. It might be an interesting study in bottle manufacturing to see a run of dated bottles.

Stardust

Reaction score
Dr. Tigue,
an act of kindness was done to me after my fovorite camera broke.. things then to slip through my hands very easily. Now I understand what the hand strap is for and the extra warranty.

long story short....
I was given a Kodak easy share 8 mp 6 or 4 op zoom, with the internal battery ( that one is the best as it charges and last for ever) my daughter has the other one. Mine gets going and hers stops in the middle of a parts and hers is bulkier. Well this camera goes every where as it is so slim. I was told I'd be getting a camera, but it wouldn't be a good one. It was from Easter Seals they have hooked me up with some assisted technology to help me right now. I will be helping them out by giving some talks about how this has helped me in return. I have been very Blessed.

With a 2 gig card you get depending on what you set it on as 8 mp you get over 1,000 pics. The video quality is excellent. if it falls and breaks I don't have a warranty on it. But they run fairly cheap. I would buy at a Target as their camera's are try for 90 days and then you can return no fee to return and then within that time frame buy the warranty for peanuts compared to the big stores.

The guy there told me your camera can have a scratch on it and you can bring it and and they will go over the whole thing and replace it with a new one if needed. Best deal in town. if they don't make you model you get the next best one made. [;)]

I don't have the model # in front of me if your interested let me know.

Like I said, it's a camera that is so this it can go anywhere. I just put it in a waterproof cast and in my bag all the time. My family laughs as I whip out my camera in the middle of a store, hopsital, parties, car ride, dinner table, bed time story, a friend's moving in day, going to get a new kitten with my son, birth of my grandson at home.... to capture anything going on it's there and always ready...

Sorry this was sooo long... but Kodak, usually gets a bad wrap. and their printer which is sooo cheap is fantastic. The ink is cheap the pic are great. I'm giving away the HP after this. It's been adopted already. Never in a million years would I ever thought this was a good product..[;)] I now say, "don't knock it till you try it!"
I've changed my mind.

So: ALWAYS CARRY YOUR CAMERA. MUST BE PART OF YOUR DIGGING SUPPLIES [8|]

take care and keep diging...

tigue710

Reaction score
Star, my old camera died from having it out the last couple winters in the cold. I had had it for five years. It died in November so I decided to get a new camera after Christmas, and started shopping. Thing is I really liked my old camera...

The lens was made by the same people who made the Hubble telescope, so it shoots super clear images for only being a 3.2 megapixel, it does not have a telescoping lens, which makes for a camera that will only last one season digging!, it works with rechargeable double A batteries, and to top it off has a built in macro setting that lets me take a pic of a bubble inside an embossed letter in a bottle! It is by far the best camera for digging I have ever seen. A Cannon powershot A300.

So I was a little disappointed to be replacing it, and spending another 200 bucks I dont have... then it hit me, E-bay!

I found my same exact camera for 45 bucks including shipping, brand new with a 2g memory card! So I guess e-bay is not all bad...

My camera arrived monday, and I will be getting some pics to share soon I hope!

I was think about checking out that new printer, I have two hp's and there alright... otherwise though I have not had good luck with kodak...

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have had bad luck with Canons. I went through 2. One had a flimsy switch that broke off and couldnt be fixed, the other had some processor malfunction that made it lock up randomly. I wont buy a third. I bought a Sony Cybershot 8.1 Mpixel and so far it seems pretty good. Lot better for closeups. I bought a store display model and saved 60 bucks on it since the box was open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday