reducing file size

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Haulin glass

Reaction score
Hello all
Does anyone no how to reduce the file size of pictures ? All my pictures end up being like 600 kb. way to big to post any help would be appreciated.

bearswede

Reaction score
You need some kind of software with an edit function that allows size reduction... I use ACDSee...

Ron

diggerjeff

Reaction score
here is a good "free" photo editing software . it will enable you to resize photos as well as manage them.
http://google.picasa.com/

glopf43

Reaction score
Hello all. I don't need to use an edit program cause I can set up my digital camera to TAKE the pictures already at the correct size for internet postings. Perhaps your's could be made to do the same...check the instructions under "set up". Hope this is a help. Thanks...

shawnd11

Reaction score
This is an excellent program that's only job is to reduce the file size of pictures. Super easy to use and best of all its FREE.
http://www.pixresizer.com/
After you load a picture just click on the 'apply recommended button' then 'save picture'. You can also customize the amount of reduction if needed.

Tony14

Reaction score
I have that google one and I still cant figure out how to shrink it more. After croping I get it down to about 270kb. I cant get it any further than that.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
HI...I'm running Windows ME and part of its software is Microsoft Picture It publishing...I can take any size pic and make it as small as I wish, down to a thumbnail...I usually crop & save my auction pics at 320 pixels wide...ie...1/4 page.

You may want to look into IRFANVIEW...it's a proggie that lets you size/edit pics. I think it can be downloaded free , but don't know its addy...maybe searching Google will turn up the correct link...

Roger

Reaction score
You may want to look into IRFANVIEW...it's a proggie that lets you size/edit pics. I think it can be downloaded free , but don't know its addy...maybe searching Google will turn up the correct link...

The link is already here 'Help - Using the Forum' >> 'Uploading a Picture'.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen