REF: Dixon of Lieth Whisky Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BigJock

Reaction score
In 1976, I found that first Thistle Bottle it was in dark aqua ,and it did have a diamond reg mark.
The first one I found was at Kinross on shores of Loch Leven in a dump there which I had sole permission to dig,it was sold at first to Roy Morgan of Kollectorama he said it was only worth £30 , the next month there was an article in monthly Magazine British Antique Bottle Collectors then run by Roger Green
it stated that Roy Morgan had sold it for the large sum,I contacted Roy Morgan
and told him I was disgusted at his valuation and then for him to brag what he sold it for,I was just a new beginner,,Morgan was a Proffesional Dealer the magazine stated it had been sold for large sum..being sold to a guy in Adelaide 2 weeks later I dug another 2 one was mint and one was sick with irridence
a buyer from australia contacted Gordon Litherland to contact me to buy them,I sold the mint one for a good price I didnt get same amount of thousands the first one sold for, after that,all Australians wanted whisky bottles from Scotland and Especially anything that said Perth..The next embossed whisky for Dixons of Lieth
was bought by Kenny Gallon at an antique fair and the next one was bought by Angelo Maloco,whom I believe will still have it..I havent seen one again till this on here,, but can assure the ones I found were dark aqua and diamond marked.if I remember Angelo's one is Diamond marked..Im sure anyone thats into Bottle collect from start will remember Jock, Kenny and Angelo,,myself personally when my house went on fire in 1980 and I lost my collection along with my family.I have no need to tell lies,, I can proove all the finds I found and didnt buy..as them that knows of me I dug all over Britain when the hobby was first starting..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles