Rehashing an old subject.Supercharge the forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
SEEMS LIKE SOME OF THE WORST FIGHTS WE HAVE HAD IS OVER "HOW THIS PLACE NEEDS CHANGING"..MAYBE THE "SERIOUS BOTTLE COLLECTORS" CAN START THEY OWN FORUM..."FOR SERIOUS BOTTLE COLLECTORS ONLY" $500 TO GET IN. THAT WOULD KEEP THE BROMO LOVERS OUT![8D]

I DO NEED TO PUT SOMETHING UP FOR AUTION ON HERE TO HELP WHILE I GOT SOMETHING...WILL HAVE TO WORK OUT POSTAGE MONEY IS ALL.NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WOULD GET THE MOST MONEY... LORD LOVES US ALL AND THAT IS GROOVY IF NOTHING ELSE!

THINKING BOUT A MINT "BLANKENHEYM & NOLET" CASE GIN,BUT AIN'T THAT MANY INTO CASE GINS I DON'T THINK.

I WILL COME UP WITH SOMEN. I REGRET I HAVE ONLY ONE BOTTLE TO GIVE TO THE FORUM! FEELING THAT PATRIOTIC BOTTLE FEELING COMING OVER ME!

MY MINT 3 3/4 DR.HARTERS WILD CHERRY BITTERS ST LOUIS WOULD BE GOOD CAUSE WOULD NOT TAKE MUCH IN POSTAGE. JAMIE

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Gunth, that's a good idea...may do the same.
Have come to love this place the way it is and see no need to change, really.
If it changed, then the wife would keep asking where I was. She can tell this place from across the room. [;)]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
GLASSMAN did I say the place was a disaster? NO. Did I say make it a country club atmosphere? NO Am I talking a lot of money ?NO
Did I come across as an elitist,I wasn't trying to but I must seem to project that image.I was only pointing out some short comings the forum has in my opinion. By the reactions I have seen here you would have thought I asked everyone to donate a kidney.Its apparent 10 dollars would be too much.
FORGET I BROUGHT THIS UP this place is great it doesn't need any changes.

woody

Reaction score
[;)]We appreciate you wanting to make the forum a better place, Steve.
The idea of having to pay to use the forum would, I believe, discourage alot of people from signing up to use it.
But if it's free, then, most people will at least check it out and some might even take their shoes off and stay awhile.[:D]

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
I guess I will put in my two cents worth.....How many new members do we get around here now? How many do you think we will get when there is a fee? How many will we lose? Its really simple math. Me....I like the swimming pool look. You know when that aqua screen pops up its like an old freind......

I say dont touch a thing.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
And what's to stop people from changing their names once a year, just to get another free membership? I say leave well enough alone.

I agree with others here, as far as the search function... use google... you can usually find what you're looking for here with google if this search engine doesn't work.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I say 2 changes are in order.. first, I'm really tired of this seafoam green background.. I say we get a nice mauve or taupe for a while.. or a little texture.. hows about paisley??
Second.. now I admit I am not privvy to the amount of anonymous donations that are being made to the upkeep of this place, but since my recent hiatus corpus, that poor little "Members Forum Auctions" doohickey is looking lonely sad and neglected.. free membership is a no brainer, and I'm no rich bloke either.. not until recently, anyhow.. but if we're gonna enjoy all this knowledge, opinion, back-patting and razor-sharp banter, somebody's got to step up and remind the group once in a while that this forum, and it's righteous father, are deserving of our occasional dribble of financial support.. !!

...A "Long Branch Blobs" forum would be nice, too.. always wanted to be a castaway...

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A change to Invision forum software would be a cheap way to dramatically change the look and ease of use. As forums go, this software is old and not user friendly...
I would point anyone who wonders what Invision is like to a forum I help admin for snowmobiling in NH, SLEDNH.

Look around there, and see what it's like. Embedding youtube vids, and web cam feeds is super simple. I think this version we use @ slednh is well under $1,000 a year.

As for pay-per-view, not for it. I'll add several forums auctions soon, I have no trouble with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday