Repaired New Hampshire Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
So...in the past month I have bought (from three different people) four relatively well done repaired lower end bottles from New Hampshire...two pharmacy bottles with replaced lips, a pharmacy bottle with a polished lip, and a blob top beer with a replaced lip. They were all well-enough done to pass muster with the sellers, some of whom are very experienced...I suspect that they didn't expect inexpensive bottles like these to have been repaired (prices ranged from $5-$65) and probably didn't look to closely. Nonetheless, this is the first time this has happened to me with lower end stuff and I suspect there is a collection that was recently sold that included a lot of repaired stuff...just wanted to give folks a heads up. I have to imagine that someone did this as a collector and not a dealer because a lot of time went into repairing some inexpensive bottles.

By the way, the sellers have all been great about it...always refreshing to deal with good people!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Moved to general chat about bottles.
It doesn't sound like even you think it's a scam or fraud really. [8|][8|][8|]

NHkeith

Reaction score
So...in the past month I have bought (from three different people) four relatively well done repaired lower end bottles from New Hampshire...two pharmacy bottles with replaced lips, a pharmacy bottle with a polished lip, and a blob top beer with a replaced lip. They were all well-enough done to pass muster with the sellers, some of whom are very experienced...I suspect that they didn't expect inexpensive bottles like these to have been repaired (prices ranged from $5-$65) and probably didn't look to closely. Nonetheless, this is the first time this has happened to me with lower end stuff and I suspect there is a collection that was recently sold that included a lot of repaired stuff...just wanted to give folks a heads up. I have to imagine that someone did this as a collector and not a dealer because a lot of time went into repairing some inexpensive bottles.

Yes, I think this piece might have been from the sale collection

I bought this repaired bottle here in NH. I was told it was repaired when I bought it. it displays nice with my other skilton foot bunker hill pickle bottles. if it was mint it would have been much more expensive. It is what it is.

At least the people were good about dealing with refunds/exchanges...

keith

1175366_10201548158723123_20753007_n.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Two more repaired New Hampshire pharmacy bottles in the last month, both advertised as mint. One seller was good about it...the other not so much.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Glassworks (I think it was Glassworks and not Norm Heckler) ran a bunch of bottles from a collection by a Chris Szarnocky, or something similar. I can't find either the name or the link now. He had an extensive collection of stuff, with much of it repaired. He had higher end stuff though, but I wonder if some of what you are seeing is coming from that collection. His repairs were really good, and there have been several items from it the second time around being sold as good where in fact they were repaired. Stuff like Stoddard utility bottles, etc.

Jim G

nhpharm

Reaction score
Kris Kernozicky...Heckler sold his good stuff.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
There we go. I'm gonna say 80% of it was damaged and expertly repaired. If I had to guess, I'd guess that you are seeing lower end stuff from that collection that Heckler didn't pick up. But that is totally a guess.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: nhpharm

Kris Kernozicky...Heckler sold his good stuff.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
That's probably why I was thinking Glassworks did the Kernozicky auction. We've seen some of his stuff, like some of the utility bottles, coming to the market as "mint condition". One of the reasons why I tend to dislike repaired bottles.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

good to know. thanks.

Glassworks last auction was a real scratch and dent sale. Lots of damaged stuff.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Norm is cataloging Kris's material properly. The buyers - not so much.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123