RoDuS 2nd dig of 2011

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
Cool bottles, looks like the kind of bottles I find, some of the stuff people find on here make me almost drool and wish I could find em like that. soon enough though.) I find Listerine bottles alot (mostly small and medium) I saved a few already, so I just leave them there or put them in a spot someone will find them. How far back do Listerine bottles date though?
Most of them are cork tops, I did find one that was a screw top and black plastic cap like Tuesday I saved it only because I didn't have one with a cap and I think the cap makes it look pretty cool. Plus I hate to go out searching for a long time and come back empty handed.

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: VTdigger

Cool bottles, looks like the kind of bottles I find, some of  the stuff people find on here make me almost drool and wish I could find em like that. soon enough though.)  I find Listerine bottles alot (mostly small and medium) I saved a few already, so I just leave them there or put them in a spot someone will find them.   How far back do Listerine bottles  date though?
Most of them are cork tops, I did find one that was a screw top and black plastic cap like Tuesday I saved it only because I didn't have one with a cap and I think the cap makes it look pretty cool.  Plus I hate to go out searching for a long time and come back empty handed.

Most of the corked Listerine bottles that I dig up are ABM. I can't recall seeing bimal ones. Anyone care to explore this fascinating subject?

rodus

Reaction score
Where to start.. . I always found bottles when i was a kid, like a weird bottle magnet thing.. I brought them home, and mom made them vanish. I stopped looking for then when i was a teenager but last year while walking through the woods with a friend, I walked onto a mound of crunchyness, I knew exactly what it was, told my friend and he thought i was crazy, so i dug into it... bottles every where.. and then the bug came back, so far i have 6 mounds to dig this summer from scouting hikes. Originally my thoughts were to sell them, however after all the hard work the thought of parting with one seems farther and farther... unfortunately I'm in debt around 6k, selling them may be an option, the common or worthless ones will be filled with colored sand or water and corked for gifts (my wifes idea). In the end, i'll prob sell them... except for a few shelf pieces...
Thanks every one for the feedback.

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
neat Bottles. I actually got digging yesterday and found some stuff (will post later) But I kept all the commons. I kept 2 Bayers, now making me the proud owner of 4 each with different embossing or design, A blue Bromo-seltzer and even a Vicks vaporub from 1956 with the still readable cap on it. I even ketp and odd 1966 Whiskey bottle in the shape of a square![sm=rolleyes.gif] A bottle is a bottle common or not it depends on the collecter and what they look for in bottles. I'd be happy if I dug 1 bottle that doesn't have a seam going through the top of the lip...

wilmingtonbottleboys

Reaction score
nice job rodus!!! keep plugging away at it!! you may just find the ONE BOTTLE that will wipe all your debt away!! anyways, great job and keep it up!!

epackage

Reaction score
Hi again Rodus, please don't take my comment as a negative, I only collect a specialized area of bottles so I gave up bringing home anything other than what I collect(locals) and bottles that I can make some money on. Plug away and I have no doubt you'll be very satisfied in the long run....When I was younger the whole back of my parents garage was nothing but milk crates filled with bottles.....Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem