RUST!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Leasacks

Reaction score
I've debated for a long time if I should leave this alone or attempt to clean it to make it as nice as possible. This is my Philadelphia Otto & Layer White Berlin Beer bottle. My dad found it when he worked at Temple Univ. in an old abandoned train station that was next to his building.

BECE707FE6BF4C329DF63CABF4F25E70.jpg

Attachments

• BECE707FE6BF4C329DF63CABF4F25E70.jpg
    BECE707FE6BF4C329DF63CABF4F25E70.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 79

Leasacks

Reaction score
I still haven't figured out how to resize my pics on my mac! Very frustrating!! And they are still sideways.

Are there any suggestions to cleaning up the rust? I'm afraid to even try harsh methods and, quite frankly, not very familiar with any cleaning methods.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It won't dissolve glass, but use it outdoors.. other products like CLR will work too.. nice bottle, how's the rest of the embossing look?

Leasacks

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

It won't dissolve glass, but use it outdoors.. other products like CLR will work too.. nice bottle, how's the rest of the embossing look?

The embossing is good, not great. I think it would stand out more if it was cleaned up. It says Otto & Layer on both sides in and arc and then on the bottom it says PHILADA. I've seen different variations of my bottle but never like mine. The closest I've come was the same bottle and color only one side said white berlin beer.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Leasacks

in an old abandoned train station that was next to his building.

This was found inside? It looks sick as a dog. Had to have been buried, I think.

Muriatic acid is definitely the way to go for this bottle, I have had no problems with it...

Leasacks

Reaction score
Yea I'm pretty sure my dad found it inside the building but could've still been exposed to the elements.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem