sad day in America

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

I'll guarantee you that it is not the kids involved in sports, band, student council, etc... that have the issues. The ones that hang out with "weird" kids, like the Goths, or by themselves, are the ones that need to be identified and interviewed by a professional, not a school counselor.
I don't have the statistics for that but as one of those "weird" kids I can say I never did that.
I was elated when Carter pardoned the draft evaded and caught it by a few months when he reinstated it. I filled out the form but requested conscientious objector.
I'd be willing to die, but not to kill. Draft me as a medic, OK. I just don't like guns much.
I wonder if I'm still on the list or if I've been flagged? Is over 50 over the hill?

carobran

Reaction score
Folks have got to STOP MAKING EXCUSES for these people. This shooter knew what he was doing,he knew that it was wrong,he had control over his actions,and he chose to murder those kids. They need to stop all these excuses about the mental health system,violent movies,guns etc. I'm sure he had some mental problems,but the bottom line is these people have to be held responsible for their actions. But of course,that might cause people "emotional distress". Americans need to stop being so afraid to hurt peoples feeling and stop being "politically correct" and maybe we could get some justice in this country. These type of incidents are going to keep happening as long as these people know that they won't be held accountable.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Let's review some hypothetical options:

1. All guns in the world are seized and melted down. That would be quite an undertaking, but as long as there is even just one gun out there, people are potentially at risk of being shot. Then of course, as people make up for the newly created weapon vacuum, they will resort to other implements of harm. A thoughtful, dedicated, preemptive effort ought to be made, ridding the world of any other weapons or materials with which weapons could be fashioned. Whole kitchen drawers would be confiscated at a time.. or better yet.. bought back by the cops.. "Sorry ma'am, that broom stick is made of hardwood. Here's a $5.. you want a receipt..?"

2. Go about your lives. It's good to mourn, but not for too long.. and to avenge is not constructive.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I am, and have always been about as staunch a gun rights advocate as any out there, but I'll say that this tragedy has really shaken my beliefs right to the core. I've never been one to do 'something' even if its wrong and fully realize that there are many potential factors that may have led this SOB to do what he did, but sure as I'm sittin here there has to be something done to curb or minimize horrendous crimes such as these. I dont know alot about the Psychology or many of the other things they say could have influenced this kid to do what he did so have no ideas what can be done on that front but maybe a limit to capacities of weapons comes to mind from a firearms point of view. Perhaps someone could charge these sons of beeches while they are reloading and take them down, the more often they have to reload the more opportunities to do so? I dont know the answer or if there even is an answer, but I for one would give anything a try at this point and figure its a dam shame it took something like this to make me realize that.

My heart goes out to the kids & their families.

Al

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

The Second Amendment....it saves innocent lives.

Except for when the son/daughter of someone who practiced their 2nd Amendment Rights gets ahold of those "Legal Assault Weapons" and murders 20 children under thage of 7....SMH[8|]

Do you honestly think the founding fathers would have written these laws the same way if assault weapons existed during their lives, they serve NO PURPOSE in the hands of the general public...Get Real

I'm not saying we shouldn't be allowed to own guns Branden, but certain weapons just serve no purpose but to kill other humans.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

Folks have got to  STOP MAKING EXCUSES for these people. This shooter knew what he was doing,he knew that it was wrong,he had control over his actions,and he chose to murder those kids. They need to stop all these excuses about the mental health system,violent movies,guns etc. I'm sure he had some mental problems,but the bottom line is these people have to be held responsible for their actions. But of course,that might cause people "emotional distress". Americans need to stop being so afraid to hurt peoples feeling and stop being "politically correct" and maybe we could get some justice in this country. These type of incidents are going to keep happening as long as these people know that they won't be held accountable.

Your right they know that they wont be held accountable because they blow their brains out afterwords.

epackage

Reaction score
The part that bothers me the most is every gun owner I know, including myself, says they are a responsible gun owner. If that were the case we wouldn't have the stories we read in the paper or hear about on the news all the time where some kid shoots his little brother or sister with moms handgun while playing in mom & dad's bedroom, or where little Johnny brings his daddies gun to school in his backpack. I'm not saying I have a easy fix, I'm not saying all guns should be outlawed, and I'm not saying that people bent on killing won't find a way. I am saying that we need to have a dialogue about the problems we have with over 300 million guns in this country and hundreds of thousands more being produced yearly...

No matter what happens I'm just sickened like everyone else about the loss of innocence in Connecticut, and I hope I never see it again, but sadly I will many times over...[:-]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I think this whole tread should stop! who the F$%^k cares about this subject anyway! Kids are dead its Christmas and the world is out a whack. Why contribute to it? If I started a subject on "mouse turds" size I'm sure there would be a long drawn out debate over it. You guys love to agree to disagree. People love to be right in this place. I am not even getting in on it and I had guns all my life. Now is not the time to discuss this crap.

It will go on and on and on like the political Chit.. SHADUP

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I think this whole tread should stop! who the F$%^k cares about this subject anyway! ...... I am not even getting in on it.....

[8|]

By my count your leading in number of posts here.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: diggerdirect

I think this whole tread should stop! who the F$%^k cares about this subject anyway! ...... I am not even getting in on it.....

[8|]

By my count your leading in number of posts here.

leading to bash the thread,not to egg it on. Stop the Madness

Talk about it after Christmas. Noel

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler