SANBORNS!!! SANBORNS!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
They wouldn't take my money either,sent it back. Thanks for the head's up anyway, Mark.

CazDigger

Reaction score
I don't understand, if the library paid for the Proquest subscription, why they can't allow this. I get so ticked off! Sorry it didn't work out, at least I tried.
Mark

swizzle

Reaction score
Its not your fault. You found a loop hole and tried to share the joy. Unfortunately as soon as Proquest finds out people are getting free maps they close the loop hole. Can you still access the maps? I'm still waiting for my denial letter and my returned money order. I would check every library and see if you can burn a map or two on a disk or print them out. someone in the library is bound to not know that its copyrighted material and let you get away with a few maps. Use your camera phones or something. I can't believe these maps are so D*** expensive. Swiz

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I got my 'rejection' today, too. It seems that the whiners at ProQuest got wind of everyone downloading the maps and decide to put a scare on the Mid-Continent Library.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: CazDigger

I don't understand, if the library paid for the Proquest subscription, why they can't allow this. I get so ticked off! Sorry it didn't work out, at least I tried.
Mark

Nice try Mark,....It was a good idea
m8.gif
! It makes me wish I'd been more diligent when they were available......Anyhow, thanks for a worthwhile attempt. That makes me think of Wangan's remark the other day,...He said "These are the good old days" (To quote Carly Simon),...but I'm thinking...that there's been talk of Obama and his "Internet kill switch", makes me worry that maps might be the least of our worrys, here on our computers..... [>:] Joe

diggerdave

Reaction score
Do you have access to all states?

ORIGINAL: CazDigger

I just started browsing it a few minutes ago, but it looks like all states are available. None of the local libraries have digital access and the free ones I've found are for other states, not NY - where I dig.

privvydigger

Reaction score
My friend a Librarian, says "Your allowed to browse......your not allowed I repeat NOT ALLOWED to down load them.."
thats whats causing the problem. They know when someone is downloading and its says in the user agreement no downloading. property/copyright laws whatever!
Sandborns are a tool and my truck is full of tools used to dig with. taking one away doesn't stop the digging.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583