Sand Bottles??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Indianabottledigger

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Andrew-Clemens-Sand-Bottles-1886-Only-known-mated-PAIR_W0QQitemZ190371241634QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFolk_Art?hash=item2c53029ea2

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello well this isn't new to me, but the concept of value is. This is a real "WOW"!
The sand bottles that I have seen, wouldn't be something I would trust to shipping in the mail or UPS. If someone knows the facts of this one, please give me a clue!! RED M.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ClemensSandBottle1.jpg
41635984.jpg
wa200203A34_00.jpg

There's a fair amount of information and pictures of Andrew Clemens' work online. This is a good Starting Point, for those that wish to see and learn more. Here's another.

tommix-yankiboy.jpg

athometoo

Reaction score
i have seen these on antique roadshow . anybody else notice the 36 stars on the flag?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Those are so cool! I've never even heard of this guy or this art-form. The bottles are practically local for me. No way I could dish out that kind of cash but they are really neat. Thanks for sharing this.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing this! I would have missed seeing the "mated" pair on eBay (which are simply awesome) along with the all the background info and the additional links...

I've seen sand jars before - but never with the intricate details he instilled - and then when you think of the timeframe of his work! WOW - all I can say is WOW!

Thanks again...

bostaurus

Reaction score
Read the article on this guy. Said he would separate the sand into colors and sizes of the grains. He would place grains of sand one by one!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
I must say...today has been an interesting day of reading and researching Andrew Clemens...that very first article in the "read more" link above...lots of nuggets of info there.

If I win the lottery/powerball tonight...those babies are mine!!!!! [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey