Sarsaparilla

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

THAT one was suppose to be this one. Oops!
Anyway, I've have openers that do almost no damage. Short of that, a good counter edge and a semi strong hit with your hand does OK. I'd dump it.
What condition is the top in and does it state more that just SARSAPARILLA?
DANG!You can buy mine now much cheaper...but the liquid is fixing to go..please no one tell me "IF YOU HAD LEFT THE LUMPY LIQUID IN I WAS GONNA OFFER YOU A $100 FOR IT"![:D] Pretty sure I ain't gotta worry bout that!!JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
Well I gently took the cap off as you suggested Eric.

Put the liquid with the gunk in it in a bowl to see how bad it smelled..Was disappointed it was not gross..no smell at all really.I was tempted to take a sip..but then had visions of rolling round on the floor with stomach cramps..I got away with making me some tea that came out of a box that was about 100 years old.The stuff was grenn and was some kinda med.that came from Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta where coke was first sold.The direction told how to make a tea out of it and so I did..didn't hurt nothing...didn't help nothing either...OH WELL!!Glad I didn't smoke any like I started too.

I put the cap back on ,but left it so I can get it off with my fingers so people can see the bit of cork that came off the underside of the cap.

The bottle looks brand new now and can notice at least it has embossing on it...JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

Well I gently took the cap off as you suggested Eric.

Put the liquid with the gunk in it in a bowl to see how bad it smelled..Was disappointed it was not gross..no smell at all really.I was tempted to take a sip..but then had visions of rolling round on the floor with stomach cramps..

I got away with making me some tea that came out of a box that was about 100 years old.The stuff was green and was some kinda med.that came from Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta where coke was first sold.The directions told how to make a tea out of it and so I did..didn't hurt nothing...didn't help nothing either...OH WELL!!Glad I didn't smoke any like I started too.

NINA hid my Shilo's screw top cough syrup from me..it had chloroform in it...ain't found it yet..that was 15 or so years ago..I was just gonna take a sip..guess that is just the ole chemist in me trying to get out or trying to get in .If Doc.Pemberton had been married to NINA... Coke would never been discovered!!

I put the cap back on ,but left it so I can get it off with my fingers so people can see the bit of cork that came off the underside of the cap.

The bottle looks brand new now and can notice at least it has embossing on it...[8D]JAMIE

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS