Sat. Privy Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Met up with Tim and Cliff on Sat. and dug a stoneliner in Frankfort. It was about ten feet deep and wet in the bottom. We dug and bailed it out and it was looking good. Lots of 60's and 70's shards. Too bad most of it was busted up. We did end up getting a few keepers but most of the good ones were broken. There was a quart sized Amber double eagle smashed. Lots of stoneware and kitchenware smashed. At least seven or eight wax sealers including a magic fruit jar all smashed.
We did end up getting a few embossed meds, a few op puffs, a basketweave flask, a nice paneled unembossed cobalt med, and some other odds and ends.
I liked this little Dr. Thompsons Eye Water. Should have had an open pontil!
novstonietwo.jpg

I thought this was neat to.
novstoniethree.jpg

It could have been better but it could have been alot worse. We may take a couple of weekends to line up some more permissions for the winter.
Here's one of the heating and air jobs I did last week. Working on a big two story slab with two attic units in the morning.
novstonieone.jpg

Happy Hunting! Chris

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Chris, nice bottle. Thanks for sharing. Your heating job looks good too. I do some HVAC on the side myself. Take care Paul

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
Nice digs. I have the momma and baby of that flask.

0D047B3BC6104020811947617A6F78BE.jpg

Attachments

• 0D047B3BC6104020811947617A6F78BE.jpg
    0D047B3BC6104020811947617A6F78BE.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 43

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah Anna, my eye water has a rolled lip and smooth base. It just missed being pontiled! I had dug one before but it was toc. It said New London on it and this one says Bridgeport. What town does yours have on it?
Thanks Paul. I mainly do rough in's on new construction but we do commercial jobs and service some to. It's hard work but I really enjoy it.
I like the basketweave flasks. This is the first one I've got. We mainly dig unembossed pumkinseeds, coffins, and the warranted and guaranteed flasks. It's neat to dig one you don't see every day. Chris

tigue710

Reaction score
Hey Lex, did you say that Thompson's says Bridgeport on it? You know I've got to have it! Now your digging bottle from my neck of the woods...

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yeah Matt, I thought about you when I dug it. I figured these were common up in your area. Is the Bridgeport variant one you see often? This one is nice and crude and as thin as a puff. I really thought it was going to be open pontiled. I dug another one a little while back that says The JB Williams Co. Clastonbury CT. USA. Ever heard of that one? It's bim, clear and has script writting. I'm guessing it's a druggist but it's not in the normal druggist style bottle. If you're interested in either I'll send them your way. Chris

3A060EEAF8744CC6B8077CB98666F961.jpg

Attachments

• 3A060EEAF8744CC6B8077CB98666F961.jpg
    3A060EEAF8744CC6B8077CB98666F961.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 49

appliedlips

Reaction score
Hard to believe that Thompson's isn't pontilled.Still a nice crude one.The basketweaves are good looking bottles also.Your due for that loaded pontil hole,good luck.Doug

tigue710

Reaction score
Chris, I've never seen either before. The druggist might be common but it's hard to say as I haven't seen one, The Bridgeport eye water Is pretty rare I think, and a missing piece in the puzzle of what happened to Dr Thompson in the years between the pontil era Thompson's and the t.o.c. Thompson's. I would be very interested in that bottle, nor only because it is New London related but also because it possibly was blown at the New London glass works.

I wonder what the connection with Kentucky and Connecticut was? I dug a broken Lexington KY flask today, and recently dug that Louisville beer. It's all strange to me. Normally if it is out of town it is NY or Boston here, along with the Providence stuff but I also dig a butt load of Kentucky stuff here which is odd... I hardly see any bottle from anywhere out side of New England besides the Kentucky stuff, (counting New York as New England there). Let me know what you would like for the Bridgeport bottle, and please keep it if you want it! I could trade some pontil meds if you like.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers