Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Saw this Brookfield? Today

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
I saw this one at a shop today, looked unlike any I have see before, with a kind of corkscrew groove for the wire. Assuming it is common, but any info is appreciated. I didn't buy it because I'm not really into insulators right now, just thought I'd share.

Attachments

botlguy

This CD 147, knick named "Spiral Groove", was my specialty for quite a few years. I researched every facet I could think of and those suggested to me. Here's a link to the article I wrote for "Crown Jewels of The Wire" in the Fall of 2007, the 100 year anniversary of the patent.http://www.insulators.info/articles/cd_147_the_groovy_insulator.htm I'm curious as to how you knew it was made by BROOKFIELD even though that is not embossed on the insulator. Jim

CreekWalker

Jun 7, 2009
West Tenn.
I read about those on Icon, awhile back, a fascinating design and purpose! None around here, except in a antique mall maybe.

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
I'm saving the two for later Jim, maybe merge and print will be needed for me though. I'm not a big PDF fan, I like to sit in my comfy chair and read off paper.

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the link Jim, I posted it on facebook and that's how I learned it was a Brookfield.

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
I swear I just seen a couple of those last weekend at an antique/auction place out by my girlfriends cottage. There were 2 boxes of insulators all dirty and dusty in the back auction room area. I was going to ask if that stuff was for sale, but when we left I couldn't find the person working there. Very cool.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TgSmit