Say it aint snow, say it aint snow!! March 3rd BLIZ.......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
I enjoyed a nice family vacation in Mexico... then came home yesterday to this mess!

12 inches of saturated snow, no power, flooding... this calls for 2 tequilas!

Been working the tractor and generator for a couple of hours and we back up, although no cable (internet) so I have been hanging out at the Panera bread since 5 am. Need to get my email/internet/forum fix!

Did I miss anything?

Mike

earlyglass

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne.

Only 2 tequilas at a time... I only have two hands.
No need for a lime... just kills the flavor.

I feel like I entered a rehab by coming home, but glad to be back... even in a "state of emergency". Still a quarter million homes without power, and it might be a few days.

Mike

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I am glad you got to go somewhere warm and sunny, I came home to 20" of heavy wet snow followed with 2-4" of rain and high winds that killed my power and flooded my cellar, my son and I have spent the last two days with shop vacs moving water out of the basement. On a good note the redware jug and it's partner are still high and dry and waiting to meet you whenever I can get a break from mother nature. I got up at 0430 this am to 4" of more snow...I hope it ends soon!

earlyglass

Reaction score
I hear ya Matt. Hope it lets up soon!

Feel free to give me a call anytime. I assume you have a generator, but if you need a place to stay, you guys are welcome to come over. If you need any help over there, I might be able to go over for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Just let me know. 765-8079

Mike

woody

Reaction score
We were lucky we didn't lose our power but for only a couple of hours, Mike.
2" of snow last night... still hardly any snow over here in central NH.
I was thinking more of margaritas, myself.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I appreciate the weather updates, Steve. Thankfully, they know how to deal with snow around here in Western NY. Are you a meteorologist in real life??

How about a vodka gimlet? A friend made us some last weekend and they're delicious. You have to use the Rose's lime juice. I really like the taste of tequila; I know some hate it.

Mike, what part of Mexico did you go to? I've been to Cancun years ago, but I've heard the diving in Cozumel is great. While there, I really wanted to visit Chichen Itza, but no one else wanted to go.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: southern Maine diver

Where you holding this party, Woody? Marguaritas sound real good![8D][8D][8D]

Have you Seacoast dwellers ever been to "Margarita's" restaurant? I always liked their food and Margaritas. The Stockpot Lemonade was a favorite of mine too. As I get older, I can't drink as much lol.

earlyglass

Reaction score
I went to Playa De Carmen. I've been diving in Cozumel and Cancun as well, now Playa... but it wasn't as good as Cozumel. I'll take New England over them all though! I like to find stuff rather than looking at pretty fishies!

I visited the Tulum ruins. That one was incredible because it is right on the ocean, and seems to be "guarded" by enormous iguanas. I couldn't help but think about what might still be in the ground there. Like a joker, I brought a small piece of pottery with me (in my pocket) and picked it up off the ground in front of my wife. She just dropped and started digging like a maniac...he-he!

It was a great vacation, but I am glad to be back and anxious for spring! Since we are talking about drinks... maybe we should plan a bottle "festival" this summer? We can look at old empty bottles, then empty a few "newer" ones!

Mike

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal