Scarce Oval Iodine and a Few More

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Here are four poisons I added to my collection this week. Left to right: KR-42 McKesson & Robbins in amber; KO-3 skull and bones/ mortar and banner iodine (the oval-shaped one); KT-9 Trilets and KR-42 McK & R in green. I dug the KR-42s and bought the other two. These are all relatively common except for the oval iodine, but they were four that I didn't have before. Trilets are also a good bit harder to find than the similar Triloids version of the KT-9. Jim

Nl28936.jpg

Attachments

• Nl28936.jpg
    Nl28936.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 82

Jim

Reaction score
I've always wanted one of the oval iodines. I must have bid on five of them on eBay, always got sniped out [:mad:] I finally got one, and got a good deal on it, too. I guess a little patience comes in handy once in a while [:)] Now I need the other two sizes of them! Jim

swizzle

Reaction score
I have a small bottle similar to the ones that you have on the ends. I believe it is yellow but has a smooth flat face for a label. It also has the original rubber cork and glass dripper thingy. I believe its an iodine. How can you tell if its a poison or not and where do you guys come up with the letter and number combo's. Like the KR-42, that just sounds special. Jason

Jim

Reaction score
The "K" numbers are from the Kuhn Poison Bottle Workbooks. The McKesson and Robbins bottles came in a lot of different shapes and sizes. There was a McK & R iodine bottle, that sounds like the one you described. These things are common, but I like the variety of them. There are rounds, squares, rectangles; clear, blue, amber, green; corkers and screw tops. They all have the similar ribbing pattern. Very cool bottles to collect, and they won't cost you a fortune either. Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday