Scroll flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hayes

Reaction score
I know there's a ton of info out there on flask's but all the ones I have seen have crude lips and pontils. I read that they prob didnt make many after 1860, this bottle that i have has a smooth base with no markings anywhere besides the design. anybody out there know alot about scroll flasks? sorry pic is so blurry.

Ca80367.jpg

Attachments

• Ca80367.jpg
    Ca80367.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 70

KentOhio

Reaction score
Hi, what you have is a Clevenger Brothers repro, probably made in the 50's or 60's. The flaring neck isn't normal to antique flasks. Also, there aren't any smooth based antique scroll flasks. If it were real, it would probably be worth around $2000.

Hayes

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind if it was a clevenger brothers, it would still be worth more then what i got it for... I have read a little on CB bottles (not very much) didnt most of the scroll flasks have the same neck/lip or they used the same mold and the ones that varried from the orig mold were marked with a CB? it'sn a nice bottle, thick & kinda heavy with a few bubbles so either way it looks great in the window, the unknown just drives ya crazy!

KentOhio

Reaction score
I have one, probably from the same mold, with a ruffled lip which is kind of vase-like. I've seen them with ground and polished necks too.

Hayes

Reaction score
is yours a Clevenger? does it have any markings at all on it? thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem