Second holy grail acquired!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
WOW how weird is that......[:-]

Makes me wonder if he saw the post here and decided to list it hoping for a windfall.... I'm always weary of sellers who keep the transactions private though....HMMMMMMM

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I bet the new seller decided to sell his after he saw me buy mine for a high price... He'll be disappointed by the price he gets, that is unless someone else decides to bid... [:D]

LtlBtl

Reaction score
I would bet it is an alias used by someone who either reads forums or sells alot. A person w/that # of feedback over 8 years would not be listing this at .01 as starting. ebay allows how many free listings and they are going to start it a penny and pay 50-1.00 for subtitle?
I am inherently paranoid of private feedbacks, long time registered accounts w/little activity, new accounts, and general vagueness in ids.
not trying to hijack thread. Congrats on addition.

ktbi

Reaction score
Congrats on the bottle and thanks for the great story. I hope the guy gets the one up on ebay right now...Ron

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
That is so cool, being in touch with the family. I have had that experience a number of times myself, it is one of the great aspects of our hobby.
And I know what you mean by the Holy Grail being so hard to find, I have a number of families in line for any of their family bottles that I find, only have been able to locate one duplicate in a number of years, like finding a needle in a haystack.....

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, an update to the story... Brian won this bottle, but for a lot more than I thought! Word must've gotten out about the thing's rarity, because it got bid up to $80.99!

There was no way Brain was going to lose again, in fact he put in a maximum bid of $252. The fact that other people are interested in these bottles is definitely a good sign though... I think the prices of these are only going to go up in the future. Glad I got mine for a low price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160639493257#ht_500wt_1413

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen