Seltzer bottle values?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
I'll take the blame. I gave out too much info. I'm still learning. I have to share the outcome of the auction with everyone though. I just got back. A woman from Iron Mountain, MI drove 4 hours to the auction for the Seltzer bottles. She won them and started crying. Found out afterwards, her father or grandfather owned the company that made the bottles. How cool is that. I wish I would have won them, but they went where the belonged!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd rather see something go back to it's place of originality, or at least to the survivors of whomever had it created, than have it in my collection. Next time, or the time after--there will be another chance-- you'll get one.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Did see take the hutches & all the other bottles in a lot or just the Seltzer(s)? LEON.

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
Seltzers went on choice. She took both. I won one hutch, a John Grafs in mint condition and the rest of the bottles like swamp root, root beer extract, Lydia Pinkham's, amber Rawleigh's, Furst McNess Co., plus 5 more I got for $5 for all of them. It was at the end of the auction so they put the rest in a box and sold them as a lot. Luckily for me, no other bottle collectors were left. They were all in excellent condition too. No cracks, chips, or flee bites. These obviously came from a picky collector.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
PepsiCollector said:
So by asking for help, now I have competition? Nice! I guess I'll keep my questions to myself from now on.
It's about bottle love here. We're not the bottle professors!

yooper

Reaction score
i don't believe the ladies story. heard it at least a dozen times. just like the story pepsi collector told me if he won both he would sell me one of them. now in a pm he said to be honest i wasn't going to sell you one. takes all kinds in the collecting world i guess

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
You mean like how you poached on my post and was going take the Seltzers from me? Then you said "She didn't need both" It was her families business! I stand by what I said. The bottles ended up where they belonged. I guess some people are too selfish to understand that!

I guess she was fake crying also?

yooper

Reaction score
like PT Barnum said " there's a sucker born every minute " she took you hook line and sinker. you accuse me of poaching your post but understand it's public fourm. i wasn't going to take both from you i just wanted one. if you believe her story that's your problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday