Seriously? It happened again!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
Hi all,

I frequently check ebay for "newly listed" items, to see what has recently been linted for sale. Occasionally there is a "buy it now" item which is very reasonably priced and I will buy the item at the listed "buy it now" price which the seller has posted. The past THREE transactions by three different sellers have been canceled by them shortly after I bought the item. Each time the seller has provided an excuse as to how the seller had changed their mind, or there was a mistake in the listing process and bottle was not really available for purchase.

Once I can see...twice was frustrating, and three times in a row seems to indicate a trend. It appears that if someone snatches up an item so soon after being listed, the seller thinks "uh oh, I listed it to cheaply" and has seller's remorse. I have seen buyer's remorse, but this is starting to p*** me off. has this happened to anyone else, or am I simply having a run of unfortunate " misunderstandings"? I know if I bailed on buying as a buyer, I would be banned from ebay...are there no "contractual" requirements for sellers?

epackage

Reaction score
Negative Feedback needs to be left explaining what the seller did...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
In theory, them listing an item for sale and you buying it is a legal contract.
You could take them to court and probably win ... but is it worth the trouble?
They are betting you wont.
Fleabay will punish sellers who pull those tricks but only if they do it repeatedly.
Fleabay doesnt like it because they assume the seller is just selling the item outside thier system.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I agree with Matt, not a whole lot you can do......but the negative feedback will hurt them should you choose that route.. Check if they have done anything similar before. I had it happen once a few months back. I used a buy it now for a rare historical flask for 700.00 When I went to pay for it 20 seconds later a message came up that stated the item was no longer available. I tried to contact the seller for three straight days with no luck as he had no other items for bid on. I contacted eBay and PayPal and each entity explained a 10 day period needed to go by before either one could do or suggest anything. After about two weeks magically in my saved searches part of MyEbay a message popped up and said the seller has re listed an item similar to the one ended which was no longer for sale. It was now at 850.00 buy it now and the opening bid was 700.00 my price I won it for. As tempted as I was I refused to give in and rebid the item. It was a long wait at 10 days but well worth it..no bids nothing....about 3 days later I found the very same flask on a private web site and paid 600.00 dollars for it. The knuckle head on eBay re listed his flask 4 more times lowering the buy it now to 650 and an opening bid of 500.00.. with still no bids..... He emailed me finally and apologized for pulling the item originally and told me he was selling it for his dying aunt Tilly and that she knew he had listed the flask to low and was only following her wishes but now he realized he messed up and was willing to take 600.00 for it and with free shipping......I admit I thought about it but it was way to similar to the one I now had so I respectively declined lesson learned by everyone.....Good luck how ever it turns out.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Western,
I agree with everyone else. I would not let them do this without consequences. Contact ebay and post NEGATIVE using every last letter they allow.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen