Set of Vail's Pharmacy, Rochester NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
My guess is the teal pharmacies will go for at least $200+ each on ebay. I have watched teal colored meds similar to yours from Michigan go for $400+ on ebay. Good luck with your sale. Paul

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Ace10Tex

Jane,
Not sure about what the price is on these either but like KB said I would put it on Fleabay with a high reserve of your choice and see what the bidders do as you can always re-list it if they don't hit the mark or pull them if they don't to get a better idea.

I've never understood this philosophy. My strong sense is that this tactic will only devalue the bottles (through overexposure) and antagonize the bidders. If you want to use eBay as a "measuring stick," simply list them with no reserve and a low starting bid (i.e. run a "real" auction) and let them sell for what they may. That's the best way to test the market and IMHO the best manner to garner the most bids.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Oh, and FWIW, not knowing what these bottles are "worth" (what does that word mean, anyways?!) were I to have bought the bottles right I would likely try to sell them as a group for $450 to $500, thinking that would be fair to both buyer and seller.

Just my .02.

bostaurus

Reaction score
I find auctions with a reserve very frustrating and rarely bid on them. Why not start it out a price you are comfortable with and see if goes from there.
Beautiful set of bottles, by the way.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Missing in my rant was mention of how handsome I find this group of bottles Jane. Nice find!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
wonder if the stoppers are original?

The first question would be are the bottle necks/throats ground? I assume they are.
The stoppers appear to be of the correct style and of a color that is difficult to find.
My only question would be do they fit properly? The one looks like it sits a bit high. That could indicate it was swapped with the stopper from another bottle. These were often mated with a particular bottle when ground and wouldnt fit similar bottles correctly.
Ground glass stoppers can be a pain in the behind. Its best to lubricate them to keep them from freezing (sticking) (they make special grease for this used in labs).

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jane8851

Another view..

4B58E08ED1DF4E18B4F2DFF19B3F8110.jpg
i wish we had such beutiful bottles down here in MS[&o].........i dont have too much of a problem with resereves if their set reasonably..[:)]

glass man

Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL JANE!!The color is wonderful and with the stoppers just tops off the whole thing![sorry for the bad pun,but tis true]!

I never see any in this color even with out stoppers go cheap...yes worth is a reletive term,but when selling as you know means alot![nother bad pun]

A small one from Savannah goes for $200,but the that is a Sav.

I agree with Paul AND Kungfoo man..$500-$600 for the set.JAMIE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday