Should I jump the Fence?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
Mission Impossible style, hidden in plain sight. Get a safety vest and hardhat and walk right in like you own the place, grab the bottle, and leave. Be better though if you just asked one of the workers if they could just hand it to you. A lot of the guys I work with have the attitude that it was trash when it was thrown out and it's trash now. Those same guys also now know that anything that looks old gets brought to me!

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Just ask one of the construction workers to hand you the bottle. If they say no then you go in there with sun runner's plan at night saying you were looking for your cat or dog.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The gate was open & I did see a worker, But the worker was kind of far away, I didn't want yell out HEY YOU & then wave him over but was tempted. Then I did think gates open just walk in like you belong there, I had my work uniform one but not sure I'd look legite wearing the 426 HEMI baseball cap? Then I though if I come back at night maybe I roll up bottom of fence far enough to slide under it but they got it embedded into the ground in most spots so that my prove to difficult. Being on a International border it's always patrolled by Police & Homeland Security Vehicles & may have a night guard, not sure about that yet? Should of went down there today & maybe pay a security gaurd off? Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow after work? The long wire sounds like a good plan but don't think I can get a wire long enough? In last pic I zoomed in on it so farther from fence then it looks. Can anybody see it in first pic? LEON.

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
But what to do if you get it and it's something really good? Then you would know there must be more in there. Then you have a new issue.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Issue is getting caught in an area that the guardians of really don't wanna have to deal with, and may crack down harder than people in, say, Royal Oak.

hemihampton

Reaction score
kleinkaliber said:
But what to do if you get it and it's something really good? Then you would know there must be more in there. Then you have a new issue.

I've already found good bottles in the area over past 4+ years. Long before they started building these Condo's or Apartment buildings they are building now. When they started building these they never dug deep. only cleaned up the top 2 or 3 feet of dirt. recently they never got deep enough to dig up the thousands of bottles I know are there. Found 1850 & 1860's pontiled shards here ect. LEON.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I see several more in that loose dirt. Tell the worker you will give him a buck a piece for every bottle he brings you

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
When the apartments are done, rent one on the bottom floor and start tunneling!

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
When the apartments are done, rent one on the bottom floor and start tunneling!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28